seventeen: goceries.

*human au*

misto pov
     i close the fridge once again.
     "tugger!" i yell through the house, "we have nothing to eat!"
     "go shopping then!" comes the reply.
     "come with me!" i shout back. i hear a quiet  sigh, then footsteps.
     bouncily, i slip on my boots and a sweater (which belonged to tugger. emphasis on belonged).
speaking of tugger, he tosses me the keys. i catch them and stare at him blankly. "what are these for? i can't drive, im a bottom."
tugger laughs and takes the keys back. "damn right you are," he mutters in my ear, which makes my face flush.
he pulls back smiling and struts out the door.

•••

     together, we walk through the automatic doors. theres a small group of girls who use their eyes to alert each other of our (tugger's) presence. he notices, and throws his arm around my shoulders as we walk by. the girls' smiles disappear.
"so what are we getting?" tugger asks, removing his arm from around me.
"i dunno. milk??"
"... milk?"
"i guess." i start walking to the dairy section. tugger follows.
i stop in front of the display. what. the. hell. why is there so many different kinds of milk???? who needs that much variety???
tugger looks just as confused. "uhh." he stares blankly. "this one." he grabs one bag (i'm canadian leave me alone) and speedwalks away.
     we continue around the store, doing things like that. picking random brands of things as we go. people give us some very weird looks. i would too, but i'm having too much fun.
     the cashier who's ringing us up hesitantly glances at our items. she looks to both of us in turn. "just moved?"
     "no we have nothing in the fridge." tugger says bluntly.
     the lady pauses and holds up a box of triscuits. "crackers don't go in the fridge."