fourteen: caught part 2/3

hi! if you haven't read thirteen, then you'll be pretty confused. pwease go read it 🥺

tugger pov
i focus intently on a grey mouse. it hasn't seen or heard me yet, so it's sniffing around for it's own food, unaware that it's about to be mine. i pounce, catching it within my claws and killing it quickly. i pick it up and trot back to where i left mistoffelees.
     i find him pacing the small clearing. i'm not sure if he's anxious about our situation or if he was just too impatient to wait for me. i assume it's a bit of both and announce my presence by dropping the small, dead creature on a nearby stump and saying, "i'm back."
     misto glances at the stump and looks back up at me. "thanks," he mutters, and without missing a beat, adds, "sorry i didn't help, i'd-"
     "no, no, it's fine, love. don't apologize."
     at my words, misto smiles a small smile and slips into my embrace.
     "i don't know what to do, tugger. it all happened so fast, its really over whelming." he rambles.
"i know how you feel." i stroke the back of his head; we stand in silence for a bit, listening to the sounds of the birds, the wind, the distant clatter of the creek.
after a while, mistoffelees breaks the uniformity of quiet. unusual. "i suppose we should go back to our human families."
     "yeah. i guess we should." i reply quietly.
     and with that, we leave, completely forgetting about the rodent.

misto pov
     my shoulders droop. i approach my human's house. though they're very nice, they live alone and i'm pretty sure i'm their only friend. i'm fine with that, but i worry about them; when i'm absent, what do they do? amongst my thoughts, i realize that i'll probably be spending a lot more time near the house, with tugger, instead of at the junkyard. i notice a hollow sort of feeling in my belly. it's strange, considering i'm not hungry; it's more like a feeling of longing. i have to remind myself that they think i'm dangerous. they think i'll hurt them. will i? am i dangerous? no. i can't be... but... am i? what if something goes horribly wrong? i shake my head to try and clear it.
     tugger notices, and nudges me gently with his elbow. "are you okay?"
    "yeah, sorry, i was just thinking..."
    "'bout what?" he inquires.
    "about... us. i don't know what i'll do. i'm going to be so lonely, without all my other friends. i miss them already."
     tugger's eyes soften. he takes my hand. "i miss them too, but we have to remember that they don't want us there."
     "they don't want me there"
     "misto—"
      i hold up my other hand. "dont. don't argue with me tugger, you know it's true. you're probably right, they could probably be convinced to let you back in, but me... they seemed to have made up their minds."
tugger nods solemnly. "well, i guess i should go, huh." he murmurs.
"will i see you in the morning?" i ask.
"always."

hello sorry it's short but i wanted to make sure you guys had some kinda content. the real drama is gonna happen in part III.
sorry, i know it's annoying to have to wait but ya bitch has writers block and i promised i'd post today
also, yes. mistoffelees' owner is a nonbinary magician who likes dressing their cat in hats. we stan.

word count; 513

- jazzy <3