fifty (sort of)

hi it's 2:20 am and i can't sleep and i don't have an idea, so let's see what my brain decides to write rn okay?

you know what, another highschool au

misto pov
the blissful lunch bell rings, and my entire class stands up and surges toward the door, myself included.
at lunch, students are allowed to go downtown to buy their lunch at local restaurants or something. some kids just go home for the hour. i personally go to tugger's. he lives less than two blocks away from the school, so it's no trouble at all, and his parents are the nicest people ever.
i unceremoniously shove my binder into my locker, and grab the lunch i made this morning. a few of my close-ish friends walk by; they smile at me.

i speedwalk down the stairs into the foyer, where i meet tugger. he smiles happily as soon as he sees me, and links arms with me.
together, we walk out of the doors and down the street. our steps are perfectly synchronized as we walk briskly down the hill.
tugger unlocks the door with ease, which is new, normally he'd struggle for a moment, complaining that 'tHe LoCK iS fROzEn' or something. i politely take off my shoes, before rudely letting myself in. i escort myself through the kitchen, into the dining room and sit at my usual spot.
"how was english?" he asks. i hear him open the fridge and take something from it.
"boring, as always."
"of course it was, it's english," he laughs. "they're teaching you a language you already know!"
i laugh too. "tell me about it."
tugger walks in with a very tall sandwich. he probably has everything you would normally put on a sandwich. to take a bite, he basically has to dislocate his jaw.

i take a final peek inside my lunch bag, reaching in and snatching a small package of fruit-snacks. i toss them to tugger, who catches them. he also has developed a habit of trying to pop the bag open, which scares me every time. i jump, and he laughs and says "sorry."

i don't know when, but somehow we silently decide to go into the living room. tugger, like lots of people, plays the piano; and he's fantastic. he sits down and starts playing a song i've probably heard before, but is probably in a completely different key, and, obviously, is on one single piano instead of 30 random instruments.
then, he starts playing the baseline of quite possibly the most annoying song ever: heart and soul. the one that goes "doot doot dooooo dootdootdootdootdootdoot. doot doot doooooo" you know the one right? oh! it's the one from that one vine. look up "heart and soul vine" on youtube
while 'heart and soul' is unbearably annoying, i love playing it. i wait for my cue, then start the catchy melody. it's kind of a pretty song, and it's the first piano song i learned.
suddenly, tugger stops playing, looking up at me excitedly. "i found old photo albums. want to look at them?" he doesn't wait for my answer, and drags me to the couch. i sit down, him nearly on top of me, while he heaves the giant book onto our collective lap.
he points out random people, whom i've never seen before in my entire life, and introduces them as his cousins, or his aunts, or something like that.
don't get me wrong, it's adorable when he gets all excited about things. his face lights up, and his eyes get all twinkly, and he gets all jittery, and i'm really gay for him—
"and this," he says, bringing out a book that's somehow bigger than the first. "might be the one that has baby me in it!"
i laugh, letting him perch himself on my lap, even though there's enough room for us to not even touch, but what's the fun in that.
"this is my other cousin as a little baby— wait she's like three years younger than me, where am i???" he says, flipping backwards through the book.
"maybe they forgot about you." i say, very much jokingly.
he turns his head, with a comically horrified expression. he does that a lot. it's adorable. "do you even care??"
i look him dead in the eyes. "no."
tugger dramatically closes the cover of the book and puts in on the coffee table in front of us. he stares directly ahead, and crosses his arms over his chest and mutters "i'm mad at you now."
"are you?" i say resting my forehead on his shoulder, and putting my legs over his. "that's nice."

so this is literally what my friends and i do every day (when we're not in quarantine lol) at lunch. idk why i decided to write that, but i did.
my best friend definitely made me look through her family photo albums. but it was adorable. she's adorable. she also reads these so
*chuckles* im in danger