nine: late

hello my lovelies! i'm in a writing sort of mood, so here we go!!
quick shoutout to @KaktusSenpai , they voted for every single chapter, it really means a lot to me <3 thank you!

misto pov
i walk quickly through the junkyard, lips pursed. tugger was supposed to meet me half an hour ago. i march into his den and announce my presence by barking, "tugger!"
there's no reply, and i stalk back into the clearing. i squint at the hot sun. sometimes, i hate having black fur.
jennyanydots and skimbleshanks walk by me and i smile at them before asking, "have either of you seen tugger?"
they exchange a glance. jenny giggles and says in a child-like tone "nooo!"
i roll my eyes and continue walking. obviously, he's set something up. he's probably told every cat not to tell me anything. but if jenny was so smiley about it, it has to be something important, right? a few nights ago, i remember telling him that i didn't know when my birthday was, though i knew it was sometime during the summer. could that be it?

     tugger was nowhere to be found in the junkyard, so i wander to the nearby creek, his usual hangout. and sure enough, there he is. although, he's perched in a tree, so i'm assuming i'm not supposed to see him. subtly, i roll my eyes once more and trot past the tree, bracing myself.
     tugger leaps down onto my back in a play-fight. we scuffle for a bit, claws sheathed and no biting. tugger gets tired and steps aside, panting.
     at this point i started getting really bored of this. not of the idea, but the way i wrote it.
     to the four of you that read this, should i re-write this?