ninety seven: i c e i c e b a b y

misto is figure skater and tugger is hockey man, tugger fucks up the practice times and

misto pov
     i push the cold door open. i take a deep, chilly breath. i close my eyes and walk straight into someone.

"what the fuck?" they ask in disgust.

"what do you mean 'what the fuck'?? you ran into me," i snap in response.

     as i take a better look at him, i recognize him from the hockey team.

"who the fuck do you think you are?" he growls, standing up straighter. lmao

i huff. "well i think i'm the best figure skater on the team, and i think you have the wrong time, you dumbass. but maybe you'd rather tell me? or maybe you've fallen on the ice too many times to think properly."

"wait, i've got the wrong time?" he asks, his energy changing way too suddenly, and pulling out his phone. "but the email said- oh whatever."

i give him a funny look. "they've changed your times? why?"

the new guy chuckles quietly.

"probably to make room for the best figure skater on the team," he says. i expected him to scowl at me, but instead he's really playful? and suddenly friendly??

i can't help but laugh. i didn't say that did i?

me, editing: this is so unrealistic but it's cute so it's staying :)

"what's your name, by the way?" he asks, nodding his head towards me.

"mistoffelees."

"tugger." he holds out his hand for me to shake. i do. "'mistoffelees' is quite a name, eh?"

i ignore the question and smile. "are you sure you're not canadian? you fit all the stereotypes."

"and those are the only stereotypes i fit, if you get what i mean." tugger says, smirking. he pulls the sleeve of his jacket up to reveal a rainbow bracelet.

i blink a few times in surprise, unable to say anything smart.

"mind if i stay and watch?" he asks, smiling again. did he... get more attractive?

"no, not at all!" i say quickly.

     no one's gaydar could be that good... can it?

he smiles, nods once, and then finds a spot to sit.

i guess i am a boy in figure skating...

but still!!! just because i'm a boy doing a traditionally feminine sport doesn't mean i'm gay!!!

i am though.

but still.

wow, i really am just looking for reasons to be upset with him. oh well.

•••

     "alright ladies, and mistoffelees," our instructor addresses us. "all of you did great today, and y'all are dismissed."

     i skate towards the door-exit-thing, and step off the ice with ease. i've done this so many times.

     "that was amazing!!" tugger says, as he rushes to greet me.

    "thanks," i say quietly. now that i'm off the ice, i realize how out of breath i am. tugger clearly does too.

    "y'know," he says, dropping his voice so none of the chattering girls passing by can hear. "there are other ways i can make you pant like that."

    i raise my eyebrows higher than the ceiling. did he actually say that or did i imagine it?

     his expression changes immediately. "that wasn't too far, was it? i'm sorry if it was, i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable-"

   "no, no, it's fine," i say, watching his shoulders relax. i smile slightly, my eyes half-lidded as i look him up and down. i smile even more as my eyes meet his. "it's cool."

hey it's been like three weeks how are y'all doing

i ha  t e  my history teacher. she's so mean to me for N O reason-