sixty three: card games

misto pov
"want to play uno?" tugger asks, already holding the deck of cards.

"sure, but why don't we invite some people over; make a day out of it. uno is only fun when there's at least four players."

     "oh for sure," he says.

    i write out a text to alonzo, then copy it, and send it to munkustrap, demeter, victoria, and jemima.

•••

     everyone sits around the dining room table, holding their cards close to them. in this game, any previous trust is not withheld. i'm sitting beside tugger and alonzo.

     "i'm sorry tugger, but i have to do this," i say, heartbroken. i place down a black +4 card. there are audible gasps. i think jemima starts crying.

     "no, mistoffelees, you can't!" tugger says shakily. he unceremoniously pushes himself off the chair to kneel in front of mine. "please don't do this, i- i thought you loved me."

     i can almost hear munkustrap rolling his eyes. "this is absolutely pointless, just play the game," he mutters.

     all of us ignore him. "i do love you, please forgive me," i whisper.

     "i cant forgive you. not for this," he says, shaking his head and getting back on his chair. "but i will get revenge." he picks up four cards, and places a second +4 card. there are more gasps, louder this time. victoria nearly faints.

     "honestly you guys, it's just a game—" munkstrap mutters again. i cut him off.

     "you, you monster!" i say, standing up.

     "you left me no choice. i had to, mistoffelees," tugger says gravely. "pick up the cards, or you forfeit."

     i glare daggers at him while picking up four new cards.

      victoria, who's sitting on tugger's other side, lays down a reverse card. "redeem yourself. you cannot hurt my family like that," she says, also glaring at him. i've never seen her this upset before.

     tugger looks at her solemnly, and nods once. he places down a blue 5. a peace offering. he turns to me, getting on the floor again and taking my hand. "my love, what i have put you through, is unacceptable. please, please forgive me?"

     "you're forgetting that i hurt you too, dearest." i give him a small smile. "let's just accept that we both made mistakes, and move on."

"i don't even know why i agreed to come over—" munkustrap, once again, mutters.

     demeter gives him a light shove and whispers "they're having a moment."

     tugger brings my hand to his lips and kisses my knuckles. he moves back onto his chair, and i place down a blue 8. all is right with the world once again.

•••

bonus:
     after we said our thank yous and goodbyes, and everyone else was out of the house, tugger shoves my shoulders against the wall and leans in close.

     "i lied. i didn't forgive you. you made me pick up four cards. four, mistoffelees. and you haven't learnt your lesson yet, have you? i'm going to teach you." he growls.

     well, i wonder if anyone else has been shoved against a wall, and... punished for making their boyfriend pick up cards in uno. we'll never know.

hello my lovelies, this was suggested by @KaktusSenpai <3

anyway, that got kind of kinky at the end, but um i hope you liked it??