eighty eight: ikea i guess

hi yesterday (by being socially distant ofc) i saw my bestest friend in the whole wide world pandaabc2000 uh hi angel ily

hey wait just before this starts i'm gonna put in a little thing i saw earlier today

misto: tugger and i are going to ikea tonight
munkustrap: why?
misto: we... need to get a new bed-frame
munkustrap: new bed-frame? what happened to it?
misto: uh ours is broken
munkustrap: broken..? tuggER YOU DIRTY DOG—
misto: no, no, that's very far from what happened. i promise it's definitely not what you think
munkustrap:
misto: tugger was listening to toxic and was jumping on the bed too violently

          uh anyway

misto pov

as i walk into the store, i'm fully aware of tugger being way too excited for an ikea trip, but i ignore him.

     tugger grabs my sleeve and asks me with bright eyes "can we please go see the pretend-rooms?"

"we're here for a bed frame, and a bed frame only," i respond.

"but we could go look at all the fancy pillows and stuff."

i hesitate. "fine," i sigh. "let's go look at the little rooms first, then we'll go get a new bed."

tugger grins at me. the things i do to keep this dumbass happy...

     i let him drag me to a very fancy looking kitchen, where he pretends to 'make me a meal'.

     he opens the fridge, and takes out pretend-vegetables, and a pretend-cutting board, and a pretend knife.

     i try and play pretend too, pretend i don't know him.

     tugger opens the oven, puts a pretend pan into it, closes the oven, and leans against the counter.

     "you're so embarrassing," i say, smiling. "c'mon, let's go."

     "no!" he exclaims, a little louder than i would've liked, and looking genuinely offended. "my casserole will burn."

     "so that's what you were making."

     "yes, as a matter of fact!" tugger scoffs. he whips around and takes the pretend pan out of the oven and sets it on the island. "you may be annoying me right now, but i still love you so here."

     "tugger, lets go, we're wasting time."

     "fine, but you're no fun."

     "yeah, i know. thank you," i mutter, taking his wrist.

•••

     there's a whole line of beds, and tugger thinks he needs to lie in every single one of them.

     he flops down on one with a black and white duvet cover.

     "this one's... too mattress-y," he says. jeez, i didn't know you were a mattress connoisseur.

     "that's because it is a mattress, love," i point out, setting a hand on the headboard. "and we're not even here for a mattress."

     "it's never bad to look," tugger mutters.

     i roll my eyes as i check the price tag.

     "i'm sorry, am i being too annoying? like i could stop, if you want. i was trying to make you laugh, but if it's too much i can stop," tugger says, taking my hand and sitting up immediately. it's almost like he's a whole different person.

     "no, no. it's fine, don't worry about it; i was being dramatic," i say, glancing down at our hands. i let my voice drop to a whisper. "you're too good to me."

     "you know what they say; you get what you deserve."

     "how? how do you do that?" i ask, abruptly changing my tone. "you always come up with the cutest things to say to me."

     "speaking from the heart."

     "even worse," i say defeatedly, sitting down beside him and flopping backwards, letting my arms flail out.

     tugger kisses my nose quickly, before standing up to sit on a different bed.

     "wow," i whisper to myself. "i really am the luckiest person ever."

     it's a little shorter than what i would've liked, but it's p cute sooooo 🤷‍♀️