eighty nine: almost as angsty as harry potter in the 5th movie

uh yea this is pretty bad and cringy so uh yea

misto pov
      "could you maybe say something a little different?" i ask gently. "it kinda feels like you're not interested in my story right now. and if you aren't, you know that's fine, like you can just tell me."

      "if you hadn't noticed yet, i'm trying to get you to ask what's wrong!" tugger suddenly snaps at me. he'd been saying the same three phrases in response to a story i was telling.

     "baby, you know i can't pick up on social cues like that," i say pleadingly. "why didn't you just say you were upset?"

      "well, i shouldn't have to! you should just know, isn't that what a relationship is all about? knowing each other through-and-through?" he snaps much louder than he was before, which sends shivers down my back.

"please don't yell at me," i say weakly as i cower away from him. all of my muscles tense, almost like i'm waiting for him to hit me.

tugger throws his arms in the air carelessly. "why? it's like you're afraid of me or something," he says without thinking.

i freeze, more than i already am, if that's even possible.

out of the corner of my eye, i see his expression change. now, he's suddenly apologetic.

"you're afraid of me," he whispers as he puts the pieces together. unlike the first time he said it, his voice is softer, more remorseful.

he takes a few stumbling steps backwards onto the couch, hiding his face in his hands. "i am so sorry," he mumbles.

i replay the conversation in my head. i was just trying to tell him about my day, and he kept saying "oh," and "cool," and "wow," in his very bored voice.

"um, i need a minute." i walk towards the door to get my shoes. "i'm going for a walk, please don't follow me," i murmur.

outside, it's sunny and cheerful, but not too hot. it's perfect weather, which seems wasted for a not-so-great situation.

did i do something wrong? i could've asked him what was wrong... but didn't i? kind of, i guess. i asked him why he didn't say he was upset in the first place, but i guess i could've flat out asked him what was wrong.

god, i hate it when we fight. he gets scary when he yells at me like that.

suddenly, the sound of a dog barking breaks my train of thought, and i stop. i look around. in front of me, there's still a lot of sidewalk left, so i keep walking.

he seemed really sorry after, but that was only after i showed actual signs.

i make a slightly disgusted face. he should've known, isn't that what relationships are supposed to be?

...that's exactly what tugger said to me.

"that's what we need to work on. communication," i say aloud, a little more aloud than i wanted it to be.

hi it's short and bad but here

hi!!!! i haven't posted in forever soo

hi how are ya? hope y'all are doing okay.

lmao i had an argument with my friend about jk rowling. my friend was excusing jo's terf-ness with "it's her opinion, she's allowed to have an opinion" and, while yea that's true, it can't really be a valid opinion if it invalidates human rights... right? like jkr can't really be a feminist if she doesn't support all women...
trans women are women girlie stfu

idk man what do y'all think?

anywho i hope y'all have a good day/night. also if you're reading this, you're legally obligated to go and get a glass of water