ninety five: weighted blanket

hi i got a weighted blanket and i l o v e it and

misto has one for anxiety

misto pov
     "bedtime?" tugger asks me tiredly, but brightly when an episode of the show we were half-watching ends.

    "mhm," i mumble, my eyes already closed. i snuggle further under tugger's arm.

    "can i carry you?" he asks quietly, gently kissing the side of my head.

     i nod, and lift my arms weakly to reach for him.

     tugger puts his arm under my knees, and the other around my waist, and lifts me surprisingly gracefully, considering it's, like, midnight.

     i drape my arms around his neck, and my head on his shoulder, leaning into him fully.

    "wait," i mumble, opening my eyes and lifting my head. "my blanket."

    i try to reach for it, but tugger's too tall. i cling to him tightly, and he gets it by letting go of my waist for a few seconds and snatching one corner.

    "christ, this thing is heavy," he comments in a low voice.

    "yeah, it's called a weighted blanket for a reason, baby," i say, a small, smug smirk on my face.

    "wow, okay, sass." he tosses the blanket over the shoulder i'm not on, but has to adjust to the sudden addition of fifteen pounds.

    "it's okay baby, i can walk," i offer, laying one hand flat on his chest.

    "no, no, that's okay. i told you i would carry you, and i'm going to," tugger says determinedly.

     pride be damned, i will be carried, apparently.

    "my dearest," i start. "you won't be able to go up all those stairs."

    tugger hesitates. he knows i'm right, but he clearly doesn't want to admit it.

    i add "i need to stretch my legs too."

    tugger puts my legs down first, but keeps the one on my waist to steady me in case i fall.

    "i'm carrying this though," he insists, referring to my blanket.

    "of course, my darling;" i agree, too tired to argue. "thank you."

   at the top of the stairs, i trudge into our room. i roll into bed, lying flat on my back.

     tugger gently lays the blanket evenly over me, making sure there's still a little bit of room for him to cuddle me without having anything in the way.

    before i know it, tugger slinks his arm across my stomach.

    i turn so i'm facing him, and i smile fondly at him. i crane my neck forward and kiss his forehead.

    "thank you," i whisper. "for everything today."

     hi idk if this was me getting my sapphic yearning out or not but if it was, it worked.

     god i fucking LOVE my new blanket. it's really warm and cozy, and it feels like a hug and i'm touch starved