Chapter 6

"What are you doing here?" Cameron says as quiet as he could.

"I...um...I was..." I try to start but I can't make out the words my brain is telling me to say.

"What the fuck is she doing there?!" Matt shouts pushing through Cameron and looking down at me.

"I was tr..." I'm cut off by Matt walking me back into the wall and basically interrogating me.

"What did you hear?" He asks with angry eyes.

"A lot." I say gulping.

"Like?" He asks.

"You two talking about a girl he likes but she likes you and he's jealous and you don't care and I should stop talking right now." I say in one breathe looking down.

"Oh." Cameron says looking at the ground as well.

"Wel-" He gets cut off by Taylor running up the stairs yelling "Breakfast is re- what's going on in here?" He says slowly lowering his arms from his excited gesture.

"Nothing, lets go eat breakfast." Matt says pushing past him and shoving his hands in his pockets.

"What's his deal?" Mickie whispers to me as I walk towards him and open the fridge.

"He just had a bad start." I say walking away before I say something that will make this situation even worse.

The whole morning Cameron and Matt have avoided me. I wait until we're all alone until I walk up to Cameron's room and I knock on his door and he lets me in. "Cameron are you avoiding me?" I ask him and he tries to not make eye contact.

"You know you can call me Cam right?" He asks and I nod. "Okay Cam. Are you avoiding me just because I heard what you guys said? Because of you ar-" He cuts me off by cupping my cheeks and bringing his lips to mine. I try to pull away but my mind tells me not to. I bring my hands up to his neck and intertwine them. He moves his hands down to my waist and he brings me closer to him. Once he pulls away I take a step back. He lowers his lips and whispers into my ear, "I like you. A lot." I open my eyes wide at the loss of his touch and I look around and he's no where to be seen.

I lean up against the wall and slide down.

Do I like him then?

Do I like Matt?

Are we like a thing?

I'm so confused.

I like you. A lot.

I like you. A lot.

I like you. A lot.

It keeps playing back in my head.

I rest my head back against the wall and try to think.

Wow. Did that just happen?

-

ay mr.dallas, watch where you're putting your lips

rx