Chapter 38

C.J's POV

There's a knock at the door. Pounding actually. It's 12:34am, who would be knocking this early.

"Open the fucking door!" I hear from downstairs.

"Matt?" I open the door and see him in sunglasses, black skinny jeans and a letterman's jacket.

"No, it's fucking Papa Murphy's, who the hell else would it be?" He's angry, I can tell.

"Matt, stop."

"I can't take this anymore. You've ignored me for far too long. We live in the same fucking house. I can't live with you if you're just gonna leave me."

"I'm gonna leave you. I'm gonna leave you? You fucking went and had sex with someone you just met because I wasn't ready to on the first date? Next time I say I'm not ready why don't you go fuck the president?" His eyes are bloodshot. He's been drinking.

"You know what? It's too early for this. I don't deserve to be treated like this by a man who can't control himself. I'm going to Taylor's." I narrow my eyes before starting up the stairs.

"You can't just walk out on me every time you get mad C.J!" I turn around.

"No. That's your job."

-

I didn't go to Taylor's.

I went to Mickie and Chester's.

"C.J what's wrong sweet? You look upset." Mickie comes and sits down next to me.

"It's Matt." Chester answers for me.

"How did you know?" Mickie asks him.

"We've been talking."

"It's happening again."

"What is?" I lift my head and turn to Mickie.

"Oh lord. I have to go." Mickie leaves and now I have no one to talk to about this.

-

I don't know what's going on. The world is spinning. I can't look straight into this mirror.

I run to the door.

"Chester! Tell Mickie I had to go!"

"Okay, be careful sweetie!"

I leave and run downstairs to my car.

-

Mickie's POV

"Matt! We can't have you go through this again."

"You think I want this? You think I asked for this? I prayed every night after that day, hoping just once in my life that I'd find a girl who wouldn't push me to do anything and who wouldn't turn me on and just go and betray me. That's something I prayed for." He wipes his eyes.

"Matt, I understand. You're just not ready for your heart to be broken again and you're afraid-"

"Afraid? Afraid. I thought you were my best friend. I thought you were on my side!"

"Woah woah woah. Hold on. I'm not picking sides. There are no sides. You need to calm down."

"Well, maybe I don't wanna calm down because I'm too afraid." He gives me a dirty look.

"Matthew, that is it! Sit down right now! You are going to listen to everything that I say and you're not going to interrupt, got it?" I yell and push him onto a chair before pacing while angrily speaking to him.

"I've had it with your complaining. I'm sorry about her 'cheating' on you but that doesn't make it okay to bring up the past to back you up or whatever. That girl has done everything to get you to let her in and you have done nothing but push her away. She has spent over a year with your bullshit and we've all given up on you. She's tried Matt, and not a lot of the girls you casually hook up with do that and when a girl tries you know you should give back. So the least you can do is hear not only me, but her out. You pushed her away Matt. She was hurt. She was devastated that man that she has learned to love doesn't want her. She wants you Matt. She needs you. And I know you need her too." I look him straight in the eye and inhale and exhale deeply.

"Okay."

"Okay? That's it? Okay? Okay to what? Okay, you get it. Okay yo-"

"Okay. I get everything. I understand that everything is my fucking fault. Her cheating on me. Cam raping her. You in that accident. Me even being her right now." He stands up and walks over to the door.

"I hope you have a nice life, asswhole." I say before he slams the door behind him, leaving me, alone.

-

Matt's POV

He's fucking on her side. No one understands how I feel. Not even my best friend. What the hell?

"Get in the car. Now!" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me.

"No!" I yell at Gilinksy and Nate.

"Dude, just listen to him. Please. This is important." Nate says taking a few steps closer to me. I shove him back.

"Why should I listen to you? You fucked my g- C.J even though you knew I had feelings for her and you knew what I was gonna ask her and I told you every single fucking thing that happened between me and her and I told you what happened before but what do you do? You fuck her. So, if you expect me to get in that car with you in it, you're fucking crazy." I say turning around and walking in the opposite direction.

"Matt!" I hear Gilinsky call again.

"What?" I say irritated.

"C'mon man. It was all Cam's idea and I was drunk. How was I supposed to know what I was doing? And plus, she's really fucking hot." That's when he crossed the line.

"What did you say?" I walk up to him and look him straight in the eye.

"She's really good in bed too man. You should really try her out." He smirks.

"Dude, you're really pushing it." Nate says.

"Nah man. I'm tellin the truth. I think we're gonna be-"

"Don't you dare say it."

Fuck buddies. He mouths and that's when I lost it.

I shoved him to the ground and connected my fist with his oh-so-perfect jawline.

Then his nose.

Then his guts.

Then his jaw again.

He started bleeding a lot.

"She's not some toy! You can't talk about her that way!" I yell punching him really hard this time.

"Dude. Stop!" Nate yells pulling me off of him and throwing me against the wall and pushing me up against it by gripping me collar tightly and looking me straight in the eye.

"Listen to me. You're gonna leave and you're not gonna come back until you fucking clean your act up. This has happened before and this isn't happening again. Last time you know all the shit we went through and if it's gonna jeopardize your friendships, then obviously she's not worth it. Now go." He whispered, releasing my collar.

"Go!" He yells and I start to run away.

-

so I think I'm gonna start an update schedule where I update every Tuesday and Friday and eventually when I step up my writing act, i'll add some on Sundays. k bye.