Chapter 45

C.J's POV

"Matt, it's been a week." I say smiling.

"A week since what?"

"Since you told me you loved me."

"Oh."

"What?"

"Nothing." He takes a bite out of his sub and sets it down. He walks into the kitchen to grab a drink from the fridge. I follow him over.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just I never thought we'd ever make up or like confess our love like they do in the movies then happily ever after."

"Well, this isn't a movie."

"I know. But there's supposed to be one more thing to stand in our way. Something to break us up again. Something that'll completely ruin everything and it'll take a miracle to get us back together."

"What, like some action?"

"Yeah, or like some drama."

"Matt, what have you been watching on Netflix?"

"Gossip girl." He shrugs and I start to laugh.

"That show isn't for you." I say playfully hitting him on the shoulder.

Grabbing the collar of his shirt, I pull him to my lips. "I love you." The door swings open behind us.

"Ew." I hear Mickie's voice.

"Mickie! Chester!" I run over and hug them both.

"Matt. You're back." Mickie says hugging Matt.

"I've been back." They hug for a few minutes so Ches and I take the hint we should leave them alone.
-

"So, have you guys finished catching up yet." I lightly knock on the door of Matt's room.

"Uh, yeah." Mickie says with a concerned look on his face.

"Lunch's ready. Chester helped me whip some stuff together."

"Okay, we'll be down there in a second."

"Okay." I pull the door but when I hear them continue to talk, I can't help but listen.

"Matt. You gotta tell her it's over between you. It's gone on for way too long."

"I can't just leave her. She left me first and doing the same isn't getting even. That's just hypocritical."

"Matthew, listen to me. You loved her. Now, you love C.J, and you've told her. You can't love two people at the same time like you can't be with both of them. When you told C.J you love her, you were giving up Lucy. Now if you won't tell her, I will."

"Fine, I'll do it. But just don't tell C.J anything."

I leave as soon as I hear footsteps.

I rush down the stairs and up to Chester.

"Chester." I say looking down.

"Is everything okay C.J?"

"Yeah. I just need a hug." He doesn't hesitate to walk up to be and hug me tight.

"Thank you." I say into his shoulder before letting go.

"So, I see you're bonding with my boyfriend. How cute. Just don't steal him."

"I won't Mickie."

"So, what's on the menu?"

-

"Matt, can we talk. In private." I say when I finish my meal.

"Yeah, sure."

We step away from the table and walk upstairs.

"Matt, are you still seeing Lucy?" I ask.

"What? No. What gave you that impression?"

"I heard you and Mickie talking and-"

"I was telling him about when we weren't together. So, you totally heard us wrong. I wouldn't see another girl when I'm with you."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." He kisses me on the cheek then runs down the stairs.

-

"Hey, Bunny." I say into the phone.

"Hey. Are you busy?"

"No."

"Are you home?"

"Yeah."

"I'm on my way." She says hanging up. I look at the screen confused. "Okay." I mumble to myself.

"What was that all about?" Matt asks, hugging me from behind and kissing my neck.

"It was Bunny. She says she's on her way." I say kissing him on the cheek.

"Here? Now?"

"Yeah. Is there a problem?"

"Uh, no."

"Okay? Just go do what you usually do and I'll talk to her."

I hear a knock on the door and I suppose it's her.

"Go upstairs." I whispers kissing him again before going to answer the door.

I drop a plate on the ground. "One sec!" I yell. I pick it up and run towards the door since they kept knocking nonstop.

"Hey-" I say opening the door but stopping my sentence.

"Cam?" I say covering my mouth with my hand.

"Thought you'd seen the last of me, huh?" He smirks.

-

a/n

I hope you enjoying the orange juice. I'm gonna start putting some at the beginning of every chapter. xo.

p.s tysm for 2k reads.

-rx