Chapter 18

"So, why didn't you wanna tell me about what your dream was about earlier?" He asked and I'm surprised he still remembered. 

"Uh, well it's a little private and I'm a little embarrassed about it." I said moving my hair to behind my ear.

"There's nothing to be ashamed of with me. You can tell me anything. Always remember that." He said and I look up and there he was, with that beautiful smile again. I decided to tell him.

"Okay so, I was in some random bedroom. And I thought I heard Mickie's voice when I woke up. But it wasn't him." I pause and look up at him wondering if he was still listening. 

He was.

He was actually studying my face.

It was kinda...cute.

When he noticed me looking at him he quickly turned away.

"Are you still listening?" I asked while laughing.

"Uh, yeah. Totally. Now it wasn't Mickie and?" He said reminding me of where I stopped in my story.

"Yeah, it wasn't him. It was.." I stop myself. I don't know if I'm ready to tell anyone. Let alone him.

"It was who?" He asked while slipping his phone out of his pocket.

"Matt." I said quickly while turning the other way.

He tensed up.

Did I really just say that?

"And what did he say?" He said tilting his head to the side.

"That he wanted to finish what he started." I say cringing at the sound of my own voice actually saying what I said.

"And that meant?" He asked and I could tell that he was envying the fact that I dreamed about Matt and not him.

"You know, I'd really like it if you'd stop interrogating me." I snapped turning to see him staring at me with furrowed eyebrows.

"Well, I'm sorry I wasn't there in your dream but Matt was." He says irratatedly.

"Cameron." I say looking up at him.

I take a step closer to me and he doesn't step back.

"I can't control dreams." I say moving a hair that was covering a part of his forehead.

"How does the dream end?" He asks trying not to look me straight in the eye.

"Cameron." I say trying to dodge the question.

"No. Tell me how it ends."

"He kissed me. Okay? Is that what you wanted to hear?" I ask walking away from him.

"No, wait. C.J" He said walking up to me but I didn't care to stop.

"C.J, look out!" He said running up behind me and pushing me to the ground.

He layed on top of me and put his arm behind my back and the other under my legs for support. He then carried me all the way home.

The last thing I actually remember before passing out was hearing a truck horn, then being pushed to the ground.

-

aw cam just saved her from being hit by a truck, goals

rx