Chapter 11

He gives me a stare that makes my heart ache.

I look down trying to avoid eye contact.

I feel like I haven't seen him in forever.

When I look back up, its as if he wasn't there before.

I look around to see him making his way downstairs.

I want to follow him but I just can't.

When I look back up at the stairs he came down just seconds ago, I see that tall young beautiful woman from yesterday that came along with Cameron's mother.

His sister.

She's so pretty. She's face goals.

"Hey guys." She says waving at us all smiling while walking over to the fridge.

"What's up?" She says looking down at me.

Does height run through their family or am I just really short?

"Nothing much." I say looking down.

"What's wrong?" She says taking a bite out of some cold pizza she found in the fridge.

"Nothing it's just..." I stop remembering there are other people in the room.

Once she notices me looking up at them, she shoos them out of the room and they both run up to their rooms.

"Now, what were you saying?" She says smiling.

"Cameron's mad at me."

"Oh. Why?" She says taking another bite out of her apple.

"You can tell me anything." She says noticing I wasn't answering.

"You sure?" I ask her looking up for once with a confused look on my face.

"Anything." She said taking a seat on one of the stools and motioning me to sit on the one opposite from her.

"Well, last night. We were talking."

"And?"

"Well he apologized for kissing me."

"Wait. You two are dating?"

"No, he just likes me."

"Ohh. Okay continue."

"Well, when he apologized, he kept on apologizing and said he felt really bad and thought he 'lip raped' me. And I laughed."

"Okay?" She said laughing.

"And I accidentally brought up him being a virgin." I say looking back at the ground.

"So he's mad at you because you reminded him about him being a virgin?" She asked laughing.

"Yeah, I guess so. And now he's not talking to me."

"Well now's your chance." She said looking behind me.

And once again, I see Cameron standing at the stairs giving me that same stair that ached my heart once before.

I swore my heart stopped for a second.

-

short af

rx