Chapter 42

C.J's POV

Every two seconds, I take a sip from my smoothie. I'm nervous that any moment now, he could walk through that door.

The knob is fumbled with before the door opens wide.

"Daddy's home!" I here and I turn to see Sammy opening his arms and the boys walking in behind him. Nate and Johnson jump onto the couch and whip out the Xbox One remotes.

"What's up baby girl?" Sammy says sitting down next to me, putting his arm around me.

"Sammy, I don't-"

"Shh." He whispers in my ear, biting and sucking at my sweet spot.

"Sammy stop." I whisper but he throws me onto my back. He hovers over me before diving into my neck. I look over at Nate, but he's too into the game to notice what's going on.

Sammy presses his lips against my jawline, working his way up to my lips.

He grips my waist and pulls me into him.

"Sammy, I don't wanna be doing this right now. Please. Not with them here." I look over at the boys.

"I can tell them to leave." He says kissing my neck again.

"Sammy-boy we gon head out." Nate claps his hands together.

"Yeah. We met these hotties at the beach and we told them we'd meet them there today." Johnson says laughing. They leave.
"Well goddammit C.J. That's your problem. You're never ready. Face it, you're not with him and after what you did to him, he doesn't need to forgive you, but he already has. You just keep fucking up so you're making it harder for him. You guys can't be together if you can't learn to stop pushing people away."

"I'm not the one pushing people away. He is. I don't know why everyone is on his side. Im not the bad guy here."

"He is." Sammy says looking down.

"That's not what I said."

"That's what you meant."

"Sammy, I'm sorry for getting you all involved. This wasn't supposed to affect anyone else."

"C-"

"No, Sam. It wasn't okay for me to just drag you all into this mess and just act like a bitch about it. I truly do apolog-"

"I love you."

I immediately stop what I'm babbling on about and look up and him from my fingers. The look in his eyes, I've never seen before. I couldn't describe it. He looked down and I just didn't know what to say.

"Please say something." He says and I feel tears forming in the corner of my eyes.

"I-I-"

"Say it. Anything. Please."

"I think you should leave." I say getting up from his lap and walking upstairs. I don't turn back.

-

My phone rings. I rub my eyes and check the time. It's 4:21 am. Goddammit. I missed it.

I look at the screen and see its Matt. I immediately answer the phone and say hello. No answer but I listen closely to something I hear in the background.

"Matt! Yes! Oh my god!" Screaming, moaning. I try to listen for Matt.

"Baby, that was so good." The girl says.

"You ready for round two?" She asks him.

Silence.

"Mhm." He groans then the noises start up again.