Chapter 40

Mickie's POV

"C.J, it's me. Let me in." I say knocking lightly on her door.

"Come in." She says and I push the door open.

Light classical music is playing from her laptop, she sees me walk in. When I sit down next to her on the bed she scoots over so I have leg room.

"What's up?" She says smiling her golden smile of hers.

"Nothin."

"Well, actually-"

"What?"

"Matt."

"Ah, no. I don't wanna hear anything about that bastard."

"Excuse me. What did you call him?"

"A bastard."

"Do you know what that 'bastard' has been through for you?"

"I don-" I turn my body so I'm completely facing her.

"He has went around town looking for you while you've been hiding. He's been in so many fights, breaking off friendships for you. He's fought for your love. He's let go of so many people for you. He's rejected so many girls while you guys weren't even dating. He hasn't looked at any girl the same way he looks at you. He's broken his knuckles, bled his nose out, broken his heart into tiny little pieces for you to patch back together but you have the heart to just tear it into more tiny pieces and call him a bastard? Not only that, but you go out on one single date that meant the world to him and you go and fuck one of his best friends the next day? What kind of monster are you?"

"Guess what? He's not the only one that's been rejected. And I'm a whore, not a monster. I've heard it enough times to make it true. And yeah, I fucked his best friend. I fucked mine too. That doesn't make me any less of the whore I already am. And if that's gonna change the way you look at me then you might as well leave." She points to her door and I look for a few seconds. I think. Should I tell her? Is now the time he's told me to wait for? It's gotta be.

-

I explained everything.

From his first love to his first heartbreak.

"Oh my god." Is all she can make out.

"Mickie. I-I don't know what to say."

"How about we'll start with sorry?"

"Yeah. Sorry." She says looking phased.

"Not to me. To Matt."

"Yes. Where is he?"

"Well, that's the problem. He got in another fight with Gilinsky and this one went down pretty bad. Gilinsky has a broken nose and Nate told him he's not aloud to come back til he gets his shit together. No one's seen him since. We checked everywhere he could possibly be."

"Have you checked his parent's?"

"No no no, he never goes to his parent's ever. Hold on, you had sex with Taylor?" I stand up and walk over to her.

"Yeah. It's a long story that's none of your business."

"Where do his parent's live?" She asks.

"They move around a lot since he's moved out. Here is the address to their house they're most likely in." I hand her a sheet with their address on it.

She turns around and leaves without thanking me.

'Whore.' I mouth.

"Love you too!" She yells from downstairs and slams the door real loud to assure me that she's gone.