Chapter 8

About a half hour later, I've taken a shower and I have my dress and pumps on.

When I walk downstairs, Mickie whistle. Mickie, Cameron, Matt, and Taylor all have tuxes on and all of them turn around and make oo and ahh noises except Matt. He's leaning against the counter on his phone. As usual.

"Come over here and taste this." Mickie says passing me a spoon full of some sort of soup or whatever.

"Oh my god! Mickie this is delicious!" I say slurping every last bit off the spoon.

"I know." He said smiling, proud of himself.

"Hm." I hear Matt say as he puts his phone in his pocket and sitting down on the stool,staring at the wall.

"Can I help you?" Mickie asked him making Matt turn around slowly.

"No." He said turning back around.

I don't get it.

He's rude, but he's hot.

He hates everyone, and everything.

He can't stand anything.

He doesn't take interest in anything.

What kind of cold blooded animal is he?

"Well then." Mickie says.

I hear a knock at the door.

"That's probably my mom." Cameron says getting up from his stool.

"Wait for me." I say running up behind him linking arms with him.

He looks down at our arms and smiles.

"Wait for me." Matt whispers imitating me under his breath. I narrow my eyes at him as he looks up. What is it with those shades indoors anyways.

"Hey mom!" Cameron says hugging his mom. She doesn't hug him back and I place a confused look on my face.

"Sierra!" He shouts looking at the woman behind his mother holding all the bags which I'm guessing is his sister.

"Cameron!" She shouts back dropping all the bags and hugging him tight.

"It's been a while hasn't it?" She says picking up all the bags and he helps her.

"Cameron, aren't you going to introduce me to your little lady friend over here?" She says smiling.

"Oh this is C.J. She lives with us." Cameron says gesturing to the guys gathered behind us.

"Oh Cameron dear,haven't I told you already I don't like abbreviations."

"Now dear what does C.J stand for?" She asks turning to me.

"I prefer not to answer." I say quietly.

"Sweetie there's nothing to be afraid of. I don't bite."

"Mom she said she doesn't wanna answer okay? So leave her alone." Cam says helping his sister take the bags upstairs.

-

After a few hours we have what Cam's mother calls a few people over and the house is packed. Cam must have a lot of family.

Once we get music playing the first song that comes on is inappropriate according to his mom, so she asks us to only play light classy music because it'll "soothe the guests".

Once a 'quicker song' comes on Cam walks over to me.

"Would you like to join me in this dance?" He says all proper and bends down and puts his head down. I giggle and nod my head.

"I'd be glad to." I say curtsying.

"Right this way madam." He says taking my hand in his and walking me to the 'dance floor'.

He seems to be trained or something because his leading skills are perfect.

"Why Cameron, you're leading skills are quite delightful if I may say my self."

"Why thank you and your dancing skills are quite in tact, if I may say so myself." He says smiling as if he's trying to keep a laugh in.

"Switch partners!" A voice calls out and we do as told and Cameron is partnered up with one of his aunts who he seems to be close with.

I look around for a partner and a familiar tall figure with shades on shows up behind me slowly walking towards me.

"Ugh, not you." I say trying to walk away but a strong grip holds me back.

"They said switch partners and everyone else is taken." He says pulling me into him.

"Whatever." I say trying not to make eye contact. Not that I can through those shades.

"What is it with the shades indoors anyway?" I ask irritatedly.

"Why do you care?" He said equally as irritated.

"I can't say anything without you getting angry." I say wiggling out of his grip and walk away.

My heels clicking under me and run to the stairs and quickly ripping the heels off of my feet and throwing them on the ground.

I sit on the stairs and take a breath because my head is spinning and I can't seem to breathe.

Maybe he took my breath away. Maybe his scent was just that strong. Maybe, I'm having an asthma attack. Wait, I don't have asthma. I hear someone walking towards me and I try to get up but I choke.

"What's wrong with you?" He asks.

"Nothing what's wrong with me."

"I don't share one piece of information and you run off. Geez!"

"That's not why. I couldn't breathe okay. I just need to sit down and my heels were killing me."

"Okay sure. Do you expect me to believe that?" He asks annoyed.

"Yes, so can you just leave me alone."

"Whatever. I didn't even wanna talk to you, I was just trying to be a nice guy but all you care about is yourself."

"I just want to sit down for thirty seconds and you have the nerve to come over here and tell me I only care about myself?" I scream at him.

"Yes I do."

"Ugh! I hate you so much! Leave me alone!" I say running up the stairs and I feel a tear form in the corner of my eye.

Am I crying?

Because of that asshole?

No way.

-

damn

rx