Chapter 17

"Wake up bitch." I hear Mickie say and when I look at my alarm clock it reads 9:38am.

"What the hell Mickie. It's only 9:38. Let me sleep." I say covering my head with my pillow.

I sniffed the pillow.

This isn't my pillow.

I sit up quickly and search the room intently.

This isn't my room.

When I look up at my right I see a tall figure.

That's not Mickie.

That's Matt.

"Where the hell am I and what the hell do you want?" I ask squinting my eyes to keep the light from coming in.

"I wanna finish what I started." He says diving into my lips.

He cups my face and I close my eyes and raise my eyebrows. I realize that I can't feel anything.

I open my eyes again and I'm back in my bed.

I'm panting and sweating.

What's going on?

Did I just dream about...kissing Matt.

I gulp and I hear a knock on the door.

"It's Taylor. Are you okay?" He says through the door.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just a...bad dream." I lie and cover my face with my pillow once again but this time in real life.

What is wrong with me?

I get up and walk over to my bathroom angrily.

I can't stand Matt but now all of a sudden I'm starting to dream about him?

I brush my teeth hard enough that I start to bleed.

I change into a hoodie I got from a meet and greet a while ago and some leggings.

I walk downstairs and see Cameron sitting on the couch watching Golden Girls.

"Why are you watching that?" I say and when he notices me he changes the channel and accidentally spills some milk out of his cereal bowl.

"Uh, what? Why am I watching monster trucks?" He says trying to act casual.

"That's the jewelry channel." I say pointing to the tv.

"Oh, okay, um. Today has started out fabulous. What are you doing up so early anyway?" He asks suspiciously. I laugh at his emphasis on the word fabulous.

"Uhm. I had a bad dream. I say looking down.

"Oh. You wanna talk about?" He asks standing up and walking over to the sink, setting his dishes in there.

"Not really." I say grabbing orange juice from the fridge.

"Okay. Well, you wanna take a walk? You know, to get your mind off things?" He asks bringing his hand under my chin, lifting it up so that I was looking him in the eyes.

I never knew how pretty his eyes actually were.

"Okay." I say.

"Meet me outside." He said running up the stairs.

I grab my moccasins and walk outside to sit on the little swing thingie we have in the backyard. I swing back and forth until I hear the back door open and he walks out.

"You ready?" He asked smiling his warm and comforting smile.

"I think so." I reply getting up and walking over to him.

He reached down to my hand and held it tight. As if he never wanted to let go. He loosened his grip a little and I looked up at him. I gave him a smile of approval. He smiled back and we carried on with our walk.

-

rx