Chapter 26

"Matt. What's up man?" Byran says walking over to Matt giving him a bro hug.

"Nothin much. What're you doing here? You're not supposed to be her til four." Matt says.

"It's 5:36." I interrupt.

"Well, let's get goin. They said we should be there by 7." Matt says, clapping once and rubbing his hands together.

"Sam asked if I could grab some beer on the way." Byran says looking up at Matt.

Their height difference adores me.

"Well there's a liquor store right around the corner." Matt says.

"Well, of course you'd know that." I say under my breath while looking down and twirling my hair.

"Whatever. I'll go get Taylor and Mickie." Matt says walking over to Taylor's room.

"So what, I'm just gonna stay here all alone?" I ask a little too loudly.

"Yeah, pretty much." Matt says knocking on both their doors at the same time.

"Dude." Byran says giving him a we-gotta-take-her-too-look.

"Would you like to join us?" Byran asks politely.

"Depends. Where are we going?" I ask crossing my arms.

"Nowhere, now let's go." Matt says in a rush.

"A party." Byran replies.

"What kind?" I ask.

"The kind you don't belong in." Matt says rudely and runs down the stairs.

"Alright well if he doesn't want me to go then I'm going." I say and run into my room.

"Great." Byran says and turns around to go downstairs.

I look through my closet and find a pair of black booty shorts and a hot pink flouncy crop top.

I put the stuff on and walk over to my mirror and sit down to take off my socks and put some ankle socks on. I grab my vans and walk over to my mirror.

I cat eye my eyeliner and curl my lashes then put some mascara on.

"ARE YOU READY?! OH MY GOD YOU TAKE FOREVER!" I hear Matt scream.

"Yes, I am." I say running down the stairs.

I jump off the second to last stair and laugh.

"Someone's excited." Byran says smiling.

"Well I haven't been to a party in a while so." I say walking over to him and standing by his side.

"Pffft. You've never been to one." Taylor says leaning against the counter.

"Oh yeah? What abo-" I'm cut off.

"Ah ba ba. Never." He says and he grabs the keys.

"Lez go." Mickie says and him and Taylor race to the car.

We all run to the car we stop by the liquor store and Byran buys some beer since he's of age. It's about 7 when we get there and on the lawn, there are some teenage girls with only bras and panties on that run to Matt and he puts his arm around both of them. We walk in and there's loud music playing and a tall boy with brown hair and a lip ring that catches my eye comes up to us.

"Matthew, my man! You made it!" He yells over the music.

"What's up!" Matt yells back.

"Did you bring the beer?" The boy yells.

Byran lifts the arm that's carrying the beer up.

"AYYE!" The boy yells then his eyes meet mine.

"I'm Sam." He says taking my hand and kissing my knuckles. The metal on his lip sending chills down my spine.

"C.J." I say blushing.

"Cool, what does that stand for? Like, Cat Juggler or or Carving Jug or or Cheeto Juice or or.." I stop him by laughing.

"C.J is fine." I say laughing.

"Alright. Well see you guys later." He says when he hears the doorbell ring.

"I'll hope to see you later to." He says in a low voice so no one but me could hear him.

I blush and I turn around.

He brushes against my back then walks away.

"What was that?" Byran asks annoyed.

"I don't know." I say still mesmerized by Sam's lip ring.

I don't know what it is about lip rings but I've always liked guys with them.

"C.J." I hear Matt yell from outside and I realize that they've all went outside while I'm just standing here by myself.

I run outside and see the guys in the corner greeting some other guys.

I don't care to walk over to them but a second later, someone attacks me from behind.

"C.J!!" I hear and I automatically know who it is.

"Nadia!!" I scream when I turn around and I see Byran turn around and run over to us.

"Where have you been? I haven't seen you in like 5 bazillion years." She says hugging me tighter from behind almost lifting me off the ground.

"Did you guys just move here or something?" I ask when Byran reaches to where we are.

"Yeah." She says releasing me.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asks.

"Matt said there was a party and I love parties so here we are." I say.

"What are you talking about? You've never been to a party before." She says putting her hands on her hips.

"Why does everyone say that?" I ask and we walk inside.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her.

"Oh, this is my boyfriend's friend's party." She says pointing to a group of boys drinking.

"Oh cool." I say pretending I know which one she's talking about.

"Well, I gotta go see ya later." She says running over to them and making out with one of them.

"Well, would you like a drink?" I ask, turning to Byran.

"No, actually I don't drink. Anymore." He says looking down at the ground.

"Oh okay, I'm gonna go get a drink." I say walking over to a table with a bunch of beers sprawled across it.

Seconds later, I'm bumped into and end up dropping the beer in my hand on the ground.

"Hey! Watch it." I say before looking up at a familiar face from before.

"Oh sorry that was my, friend." He says, his voice fading as he says friend.

"Hey, I know you." He says as he looks up.

"Yeah. I know. It's only been like..Woah it's already been 3 hours!" I yell looking up from my watch. The music stops making the moment more awkward.

"Haha, yeah. Time flies by when you're having fun." He says as the music starts back up.

"Well, I haven't been having that much fun." I say looking down at my feet.

"Here. Let me show you something." He says grabbing my hand and taking me upstairs.