Chapter 31

Matt's POV

I roll over on my bed and pick up my phone.

It's vibrating and when I look at the screen it reads: Lucy

I can't take this anymore.

"What." I say annoyed.

"Please." She says.

"Bye." I say and hang up.

I'm not letting her ruin my mood.

I get up and run downstairs.

I walk over to the couch and sit down.

I flip through Netflix and stop when I see the movie Con Air.

I scream and put it on.

"MATT?!ARE YOU OKAY?!" C.J says falling down the stairs and I laugh.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I yell running over to her.

"No." She says plainly and I help her up and set her down on one of high chairs and squat down to the level of her feet.

"Where does it hurt?" I ask still laughing.

"It's not funny Matt, I think I sprained my ankle." She says not moving her arms from their place on my shoulders.

"Okay how about-" I say turning her ankle a little before she screams. "Alright, I'm taking you to the emergency room." I say sliding my arm under her legs and her back for support, while she wraps her arms around my neck and I walk her out to my car.

I slowly set her down in the passenger seat and walk over to my side of the car before my phone rings. I don't care to answer it but as soon as we get to the hospital I check my phone just to see that, once again, Lucy.

-

"Hi, uh, my, g-roommate's been in there for like a half hour and I haven't heard anything from her. Can you see if she's okay for me?" I stutter.

"Yeah, sure honey, just a second." She says before asking another lady to take her place at the desk and goes to check on C.J for me.

It's been almost ten minutes and I start pacing and run my hand through my hair. "First one?" A man I've never seen before in my life says from behind me. "What?" I say turning around confused. "First kid?" The guy asks. "Oh, uh, no. It's just my roommate's been in there for a long time and I'm getting worried." I say.

"Is this a she?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." I say plainly.

"And is this she, like, your girlfriend?"

"No." I retort.

"Wife?"

"No."

"Fiancé?"

"No. We're just...acquaintances."

"Do you have a problem with this girl?" He asks sitting down and signaling me to sit down on one of the couches right next to him.

"Nah it's just, she makes me feel things that I don't wanna feel and she makes me act like I don't want her but inside I know I really do and she's making me slowly fall for her and I'm afraid if I do,-" I stop myself and take some deep breathes.

"You're afraid that she'll just turn out to be like the last girl you were with and you're not ready to be broken again so you're trying to hide your feelings from, not only her, but yourself?" He says in one breath.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" I ask him surprised at how he knew exactly what I was thinking.

"I speak from experience." He says.

"But if I wouldn't have moved on from her, I wouldn't be with the love of my life and I wouldn't have had my two, soon to be three kids."

I nod my head and stand up. I shake his hand and walk back over to the front desk.

"Cher Joyce Miller, right?" The lady from once before says to me.

"Huh?" I ask confused.

"That's your girlfriend right?" She adds.

"Think you have the wrong guy and she's not my girlfriend." I say.

"Also goes by C.J?" She says.

"Yup that's my girl." I say smiling awkwardly.

"Seems to have some minor injuries she might need to have a sprained ankle and she'll need to wear the brace that doc wrapped her up in for about two to three weeks."

"Two to three weeks?" I hear a familiar voice say from behind me that makes me smile even more awkwardly.

"C.J, you're okay." I say.

"Well yeah, I wasn't dying." She says and run over to her and hug her tight.

"What is up with you?" She says barely hugging back.

"Nothing." I say pulling away and brushing myself off.

"She may not be your girlfriend but you sure care for her." I hear the lady behind the desk say, not looking at me.

"Let's get goin." I say.

"Alright, but you'll have to carry me." She says and I walk back over to her, sliding an arm under her legs and back for support while I carry her out of the hospital. Before I walk out the door, I turn around facing the lady behind the desk and give her a wink, then I walk out the door and to the car.

Once I set her down in the passenger seat, I walk round the front of the car but before I open the door my phone starts to vibrate in my pocket. I look at the screen and it's her. I stare at the screen before it turns black and look inside the car to see C.J looking down at her phone, so I don't have to worry about any questions coming my way. I get inside my car and start to drive away, then C.J looks up at me and I try to ignore her but she won't look away.

"Was it her?" She asks and I question to myself, how does she know?

"Yes." I say because if I lie now, it'll just keep getting worse.

"Okay." She says and the rest of the car ride is silent.

Once we pull into the driveway, I see Cameron's car so I pick her up out of her seat just like I did at the hospital and take her to the backyard just so she can get her mind off her ankle..and the call. I haven't filled her in on what happened so she couldn't be too upset, but I know it's been bugging her.

I didn't know it was this late but we were at that hospital for a while and it's like forty-five minutes away.

I lay her down on her back but as I start to walk away, she turns on her side to face me.

"Matt?" She says making me turn around.

"Yeah?" I say.

"Will you stay with me?" She asks.

"Sure." I say without any hesitation.

I walk around her and lay under the stars right next to her. She snuggles up under me and I put my arm around her.

"Matt?" She says once more.

"Yeah?" I say.

"I think I like you." She says and I look down at her.

"I think I like you too." I say pulling her closer to me and planting a small kiss on her forehead.

She ends up falling asleep under the stars after such a long day.

I close my eyes and try to fall asleep to, with not a care in the world.

Except one.

Her.

-

Okay so like legit,this was written twice and I changed a few things and I'm not gonna have an update next week.