Chapter 41

C.J's POV

"I just don't understand why he hasn't changed. After everything he went through, especially with that girl, the time he spent away from home, all these years he's avoided my phone calls, hasn't visited, he hasn't been in any serious relationships since-"

"Lucy?"

"Yeah, Lucy. What a sweetheart. She was his first love. I'm sure she loved him back, just not the way he loved her. They did everything together. She sure did break his heart that one day. I just don't know why. He shut everyone and everything out, I tell you."

"I know. Mickie told me everything." I shrug.

"Everything? Even about the beatings?"

"What beatings?" I look up confused.

"Matt, he was a sweet boy. After everything he just lost it one day. He took all his anger to her house. They fought for hours. Back and forth, back and forth. All the hate, he just let
it all out. His short temper, one of his many flaws. He threw things, including her. Up against a wall, pinned her to it, smacked her a couple times, almost beat her to death. Until, her parents came home, her father pulled him off of her, her mother called the police and me. She didn't press charges thank the lord but he spent a whole year away from home before we heard from him again."

"He actually hit her." I mumble to myself.

"He's never hit anyone before. I just don't know what got into him to do such a thing like that."

"I-I-"

"Sweetheart, I know it's hard. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to. I just thought, you being his girlfriend and all, should know about his past and if you're going to leave him for not opening up, I'll do it for him. I'm gonna be that mom."

"There's no way. I just can't process that in my head." I say squinting my eyes real tight.

My stomach feels queasy. I feel light headed. I stand up and try to walk to the bathroom but I just couldn't. I felt it all coming up before it all just came out, all over the floor. My puke was sprawled all over the carpet.

"I'm so sorry. I'll help clean it up."

"Sweety, it's okay. I got this. I'm a mother, it happens. Just go, before it happens again."

"I'm so sorry." I say tripping over my laces and running to my car.

-

God, I'm such a screw up.

Had to go puking everywhere.

That was an amazing first impression on his mom. Now, I know everything and that's all that matters. All the bad decisions I've made finally matter.

-

Matt's POV

"What's up?" Taylor says letting me into his house.

"New place, huh?" I say looking around.

"Hey Matt. I missed you." Bunny says wrapping her arms around me and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Missed you too, babe." I said hugging her back, when I release I head to sit on the couch.

"So, where ya been man? Haven't seen you around lately."

"Uh, around." I answer shortly.

"How bout you?" I ask.

"Uh, here. And driving around with Bunny, you know, the usual."

"I thought you guys broke up."

'She doesn't know that yet.' He mouths from the kitchen.

"I can hear you!" She yells from upstairs.