Chapter 51: The Ranch

Ana's POV

I walked with Sergio to the door of Kurt and Linda's home. It had been three years since I seen them last. I'd come here with Sergio when Zeke was still a newborn. We'd told them on that last trip who we were and helped them understand that it was best if they were on a need to know basis.

As we climbed the steps the dogs inside started barking. I could hear someone inside telling them to be quiet. As we reached the top of the stairs the door opened.

"Sergio! Ana! How are you!?" Linda said rushing out to us with a smile on her face.

"We're good. We were passing through and though we'd stop and see you." Sergio said wrapping her in a hug.

"It's been so long." She said hugging me. "Kurt! Kurt come out here!" She hollered in the house.

"What is it?" Kurt yelled back as he came toward us.

His face lit up when he came out and quickly took me in his arms.

"How're y'all doing. Where's the kids?" He asked.

"The kids are in the cars with our brothers and cousins. We were hoping you have space for all of us in the cabins. If I figured it right you should've been at the end of your season a couple weeks ago. Would you mind putting us up for a couple nights?" Sergio said.

"Of course honey! This is your home to after all." Linda said beaming. "Brian has the keys. He's out fixin' a pipe in one of the kitchens."

"I can take y'all out there so you can get settled and mama can get y'all some supper going if you're hungry."

"That sounds great." I smiled at them. "but not if it's too much trouble."

"It's not too much trouble at all. Go on and get settled now. Come help me in the kitchen when you get done." Linda said. " I'm so happy to see you!"

Linda hugged us both one more time and I followed Kurt to his truck and got in the cab with him. Sergio ran back to his brothers and told them to follow behind us before coming quickly back to us and climbing in beside me. Linda waved and disappeared inside to house as we pulled off.

Kurt quickly located his son and got the keys for us. He showed us to the bigger cabins and left us to get settled.

"I didn't realize everybody and their families came just for me." I said to Sergio.

"We love you Ana. All of us wanted to make sure you were safe. I'm going to get everyone situated. Do you want to help or go to the house to help Linda."

"I want to see everyone before I go to the house. I need to say thank you at the very least."

I went with Sergio as he helped everyone. I gave hugs and said thank you as they went to the cabins Sergio separated them in to.

I went up to my brother's room and gave a small knock before I opened the door. He was standing shirtless by the bed pulling on his jeans. I looked at him with sad eyes.

"Come here." He said reading the sad expression on my face and holding his arms up.

When I wrapped my arms around my brother I finally broke down.

"Come on princess. Your okay. Your a warrior and you've handle handled every obstacle you've run into so elegantly. Don't give up on us now."

"I was so scared Leo. He had no intention of ever letting me go. He would be sweet and caring and then it would change to angry and violent so fast. He kept saying he loved me and part of me believed him." I said as I sobbed against my brothers chest. "I tried to get away but I was so confused. I said some things to Sandro that I didn't mean and he hasn't said a word to me since. He pushed me away when I tried to hug him before we got in the car."