Chapter 52: Fixing you

Inside the house was lively. Everyone was talking and laughing. Tony walked around looking for Francis for five minutes before we found him in the kitchen.
Lexi sat on a bar stool watching the men cook. Vince stood across the island showing off his knife skills as he quickly chopped vegetables. Flames shot up from the pan on the stove as Sandro added ingredients.  He lifted the pan flipping its contents as he sautés them. Dante stood building something in a casserole dish. Ablein and Dimitri stood together at the sink giggling as they washed the dirty dishes the were handed to them. Francis sat at the dinning table with everyone else playing cards. Antonio set me down in the door way.

"Stay here." He whispered. "I'll get my brother for you."

Antonio walked to his brother side and placed a hand on his shoulder. They spoke quietly, both of them turning to look at me several times. Francis stood from the table giving his cards to Antonio before walking quickly towards me.

"What is it Ana?" Francis asked. "What's wrong?"

"I kinda messed my feet up. I was wondering if you could take a look and possibly get it to stop hurting. I also was wondering if you could, um." I leaned in Close enough that only he could hear me and whispered. "Terminate a pregnancy?"

I took a step back and looked at his concerned face. I could see him thinking about what I just said and it was several minutes until he spoke to me.

"If you want me to do that I would have to take a look first. If you don't need to have it done it could cause you some major problems." He whispered to me. "Did you take a test already?"

"Not exactly but it's been about two months since the babies were born and I haven't had a cycle yet."

"Let me at least test you before we decide how to handle it if you are indeed pregnant."

"If there is something there, I don't want to keep it. I just want it out." I said getting tearful. "I don't want a reminder of how he hurt me."

"Let's take a look at your feet first. I can take a sample of your blood and take a look at it. If you are pregnant we can decide how to move forward from there. I want you to try your best not to think about it for now and enjoy being with your friends and family. How's your memory? The last time I saw you you couldn't remember anything past the age of twelve. How much do you remember now?"

"I feel like my memories are not my own. I read my journals so I could remember but I don't remember, remember. They had decent detail but everything is still foggy. There are things I didn't include that I remember."

"Like what?" Francis asked.

"Like this ranch. When Vince asked me where we were I told him with no problem. I remember things I did when I was here the first time with Sergio. I didn't include most of my time here in my journal. There was no point in including it when my secret keeper was here with me. I can remember hiding a stack of letters in the floor of the den. I have memories of things I didn't write down."

"We can test your cognitive ability and recollection a little at a time. Let's sit on the bar stools at the island and look at your feet."

"Do I need to take my shoes off?" I asked.

"No. Just sit down and kick your feet up. I'm going to take your shoes off to prevent any additional damage."

I sat on the stool next to Lexi and kicked my feet up. Francis carefully pulled the shoe from my left foot unlacing it completely. Francis stopped and turned to His brother.

"Joey can you grab my medical bag from the back of Toni's truck?"

"Yeah why?" Joey asked walking to us looking at my feet. "Is that new blood?"