Chapter 53: Bonnie and Clyde

Francis finished by giving me a shot of a pain killer that help me immediately.

"Whoa." I said setting my free hand on Vince's arm while Francis injected the medicine slowly into my other arm. 

"Can you feel it." Francis asked smiling.

"I can see sounds." I said and nodded.

"I'm glad it's working." Francis chuckled. "Vince Do you feel like babysitting?"

"Sure." He replied.

"Don't leave her alone for any reason." Francis said. "In the next fifteen minutes she will fall asleep but until then she's going to be incredibly loopy and she won't make any scents. She's going to be completely crazy so don't take anything she says to seriously."

After Francis finished Vince squares his shoulders with mine. I leaned forward resting my head on his chest and putting both my hands on his hips. 

"Are you okay." Vince asked.

"I'm so high." I laughed looking up at him and not thinking about what I was saying.

I felt my head fall back as I stared up at his face taking in all the details. His light blue eyes contrasting his black hair. His tan skin. His square jaw and shadow of his facial hair. His soft lips smiling at me.

"Vinny?"

"What is it Piccola?" Vince asked.

"You're kinda beautiful." I said gently lifting my hand and placing it on his face. "I missed you."

"I missed you to baby." He smiled.

"Can we go somewhere quieter?" I asked.

Vince nodded and slid his hands under my legs to lift me from the stool. I wrapped my arms around him and pulled myself as close to him as I could.

He took me to a porch swing outside and put me on the bench next to him. I was silent for a minute as I tried to muster up the courage to let all my feelings out.

"Are you going to leave me again?" I asked looking in his eyes.

"Not unless you ask or I feel like there's not another choice. Why?"

"I don't want to lose you again. I want my best friend back." My eyes got misty and my voice cracked.

"You have never lost me Ana. It's better if I'm not there to interfere with your marriage."

"You interfere whether your there or not. I couldn't let you go and it's destroyed my marriage."

"What?" Vince asked.

"We are getting divorced. Sandro won't even talk to me, let alone look at me." I say sadly. "I said somethings I can't take back."

"Maybe its time for you to move on then Ana. You could come live with me. I would take care of you if you let me."

"I don't know if that's the best idea Vince. It's a bad idea to get involved when I haven't even signed the papers yet."

"I didn't say we'd be together Ana, but if you want to stay with me I would love to have you. My house is big enough for you and all the kids. I could give you your own space and if you ever wanted to try again, well I wouldn't say no."

"I don't know." I said starting to feel sleepy.

"It's an option. If you don't want to you don't have to Ana. I found out a long time ago I can't tell you what to do. You don't listen for shit."

"I'm sorry."

"It's not a bad thing. You were taught to be independent by everyone in your life. You own what you were taught and until emotions get involved, you do it gracefully.  I know hundreds of women and all of them combined don't have half the elegance you do."

"That can't be true."

"It is. You are so perfect and you don't understand how incredibly loved you are. I always wanted you to myself Ana. I didn't want to share you with anyone. I was lucky to have you right across the street for seven years. You have been my best friend for thirty years Piccola. You are my Bonnie."

"You're sweet Clyde." I said leaning my head against his shoulder.

"You are so important to me Ana." He said wrapping me tightly in his arms and kissing my forehead.

I relaxed against him and drifted away feeling safe in my Vinny's arms, smelling his citrus and Sandalwood cologne.

"I love you forever and always Vinny." I whispered.