Chapter 61: Him

I'd curled up on Vince's lap and fallen asleep for the rest of the trip. I didn't remember getting to the house. I didn't remember being carried to Vince's room. I didn't remember him changing my clothes. I woke up with his arms wrapped around me in his bed. The room was dim as darkness had begun to set in.

I wiggled out of Vince's arms and stumbled in to the bathroom still half asleep. I'd barely sat down to pee when I heard Vince yell for me.

"Ana!"

"Just a minute." I said loudly.

I heard him walk across the room and come to the bathroom door giving a small knock.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

I flushed the toilet before I answered. "Yes."

He meet me in front of the double sink and  wrapped his arms around me leaning in for a kiss. I turn away from him putting my head on his shoulder.

"You need to brush your teeth. Your breath is terrible."

"Is that what happened earlier?"

"Yes."

There was a knock on Vince's bedroom door.

"Brush your teeth." I said pulling away. "I'll get the door."

I walked across the room and opened the door.

"Daddy!" I exclaimed and wrapped my arms around him.

"Oh, princess. I missed you." My dad said squeezing me tight.

I heard Vince walk out of the bedroom behind me. My dad let me loose and I took a step back against Vince. Vince reached around me offering his hand to my dad.

"Victor."

"Vincenzo." My dad greeted him taking his hand.

"This feels weird." I said more to myself than anyone else.

My dad smiled at me. "Come on kids. Let's eat dinner."

He turned from us and started walking down the hall. Vince kissed my cheek and took my hand leading me down the hall. I pulled my hand from his and wrapped my arms around him as we walked. Down to the dinning room. 

"Ana!" Andres said opening his arms for a hug as we rounded the bottom of the stairs.

"Andre!" I said letting go of Vince and running to hug him.

I wrapped my arms around Dante's dad and kissed his right cheek once then his left. I squeezed him tight.

"I missed you." I said.

"Me too Annie." He said kissing the top of my head. "Are you ready to runaway with me?"

"Only in Dante's nightmares." I said leaning back to look at him and kissing all over his face before pulling myself back into the hug. "I missed you."

"Ana, come eat." Sandro said walking in to the entryway.

"Ooo, busted. Run quick before my husband sees."

"I think I could take him." Andres joked.

I giggled and turned away from my father's friend to face my husband. I paused for a moment seeing Matteo standing next to Vince. I walked to them trying not to show that I was freaking out.

"Matteo." I said in a quiet voice not meeting his eyes.

"Anabeth look at me." Matteo said moving to stand in front of me and setting his hands on my shoulders. "I will not hurt you."

I instinctively set my hands low on his abdomen and meet his eyes. "I'm sorry I shoot you."

"I wouldn't have expected you not to protect your husband. I would have done the same thing in your position. I'm happy your home safe."

I stepped forward wrapping my arms around him. I didn't close my eye like I'd done with my own father or Andres. I looked at Vince silently telling him I was very uncomfortable with the situation.

"Dad, we should go in the dinning room. They are waiting on us." Vince said. 

Matteo let go of me.

"May I?" He said holding his arm up to escort me in the dinning room.

I smiled at him and nodded taking his arm allowing him walk me to the dinning room. Vince followed close behind us with everyone else. We turned into the dinning room and all the men stood. Matteo let go of my arm walking to his seat at the table. I froze and started shaking. The room was suddenly icy as my eyes landed on Franco Russo and his father Franco Sr.

"Vincenzo." I whispered stepping back and grabbing his hand.

"It's okay Piccola. He can't hurt you."