Chappo - Nose dive

Your POV:
Today was a day I plan on going surfing on bondi. My best friend Chappo is a lifeguard there. He became my best friend when I first moved to Australia about 6 years ago. We bumped into one another on the beach and from there our friendship blossomed. He took me on a tour of Bondi and the two of us grew extremely close.

- - - -

I got myself ready for the day ahead. I washed my hair to freshen it up a bit but I will be getting it wet later on so yeah. Anyways I put my long sleeve swimsuit on:

 Anyways I put my long sleeve swimsuit on:

And these beach shorts on top:

I collected my things that I needed for the beach and placed them in a small bag

I collected my things that I needed for the beach and placed them in a small bag. As I left my apartment, my surfboard was right outside my door, as I put it there this morning, and headed down to the beach. I placed my bag into the designated locker I got given (aka Chappo got me a place for my stuff whenever I'm on the beach which is known as his locker). There was no key it was a tap in pin locker which was handy as I would've lost the key by now. I made my way down to the beach and down to the waters edge. I quickly took it all in and began my surf.

The view was incredible. I sat on my board taking it all in when a wave came. This was my chance to shine. I prepared myself and soon I was riding this wave. The biggest smile appeared onto my face once the wave disappeared. Wow. That was fun. I paddled back to the same spot doing it again and again.

The waves got a little bigger and the weather started to change a little. Soon a wave came by crashing everywhere. I was hoping to ride it as my final wave of the day but it had other ideas. I began to ride it but good knocked off my board. I came back up to the surface and held myself up. My board was no where to be seen. Well in my eyes anyways. This was the point I knew I was struggling. I placed my hand in the air calling for help.

It felt like forever for someone to come to me but shortly after a long blonde haired guy came to my rescue. "Get on." He said helping me into the board. "Thank you." I said. "Have you seen my board?" I asked giving him a description of what it looked like. "Yeah it's on the beach by our rhino." He said. Thank god for that.

Chappo's POV:
Jethro rescued this chick from the surf as she came off of her board. Her board came to shore and I saw one of the guys pick it up and place it by the rhino. They radioed it in shortly after. Jethro and the girl came in but a wave beat them which ended in a nose dive. The board went flying and soon Jethro popped back up but not the girl. I asked over the radio and Jethro scanned the water soon pulling the girl up from the surf.

Your POV:
As we were coming back to shore, the board went nose first into the water after a wave and that's when I realised I went flying. I landed head first into a sand bank and got hit by a wave of pain. Everything from there went down hill. Shortly later I feel myself getting pulled up from the water. "Can you here me?" Someone said. "Hello? Can you here me?" They said. I opened my eyes. "Yeah." I mumbled.

*bondi to central*

*central to bondi how may we help*

*we need an ambo down at the south end we have a potential spinal*

"Do you have pain?" The long blonde haired lifeguard asked while he held my head to stop me from moving. "My neck." I said.

*ok what happened*

*a swimmer went head first into a sand bank after a rescue and has no feeling in her lower body*

*ambo is on its way*

"What's you name?" He asked. "I'm y/n." I said. "I'm Jethro." He said.

*the patient is called y/n she's about 22/23*

*keep me updated*

Chappo's POV:
When I heard y/n's name come over the radio my heart began to race. I placed my hands over my face and began to rub it before I grabbed the radio.

*can someone come to the tower and take over*

*im on my way up*

Shortly after Troy came up to the tower and took over my spot while I ran down to the south end of bondi. Not y/n. She's my best friend. I got down there quickly. "Is there anything I can help with?" I asked panicking a little. "Chappo?" Y/n mumbled. "I'm here." I said grabbing her hand in comfort. "You know her?" Singlets asked. "We've been best mates for 6 years." I said. We made sure y/n was a comfortable as possible before the ambo arrived. Soon the ambo arrived and took y/n to the hospital. After my shift I made my way to the hospital where I stayed the night there with y/n before she was discharged the next day.

A/n: who's your favourite lifeguard??