How It All Started

It was almost time for the countdown to start. I was scared to hell, hold on maybe I should tell you who I am and how I got here. It all started in my home I had secretly signed up for more bread rations so I could have something to give my mom for the coming Christmas but when the draw came the new owner Mr. Microsoft who started this cruel treatment called "The Hunger Games" drew two names. At first I wasn't scared but then he reached in and pulled my name out of the glass bowl. Instantly my mom screamed and fainted I rushed to help her but the guards thought I was trying to run away, they hauled me to the top of the platform and threw me down. Mr. Microsoft looked at me and told me to get up in a very strict voice. Through my tears I could see my mother being pushed against the wall by some guards, and as I started to stand I heard arrows going through the air. Being twelve years old I had enough sense to know that my mom had just been shot with a bow, probably for screaming, right then and there all I cared about was my mom. All I knew is that I had to get over there and help my mom, if she was still alive. I started running but was stopped by a few guards standing beside the platform. but they could not stop me, or at least so I thought and kept running with all my heart then out of nowhere a sudden pain came into my throat, blinded with tears I could only guess that they were pouring a potion down my throat, suddenly I started to grow very tired but before I passed out I could hear Mr. Microsoft saying a name... I think it was Sally... Sally something.