Dutch Van der Linde: Yours

Dutch Van der Linde X Female Reader

Summary: you're pregnant.

Sorry it's short!

Word Count: 760

Dutch treated you like a queen, he always had. If the camp was his kingdom then he was the king and you were his queen, of course he should treat you as such. When you told him that you were pregnant, he only acted like this more.

Admittedly, Dutch had never really considered having children of his own because he never really saw himself settling down with a woman like this. He always said that if the right woman came along, he wouldn't be against starting a family, but he was never truly sure that it would happened. Until now. You came into his life and Dutch fell head over heals for you. Dutch was the leader of the Van der Linde gang but you had him wrapped around your finger without even knowing it.

Almost as soon as you told Dutch you were pregnant, he became far more protective over you. You realised that one day when you told him that you were going into town with some of the other women, he had expressed his distaste for the idea but didn't stop you. He had never really liked you leaving the camp without him, not liking that he couldn't check in to make sure you were alright, but he had never stopped you from doing so. Now, he was worried about you and his child. You weren't even showing a baby bump yet but that didn't stop Dutch from being protective over the two of you.

Now, your baby bump was definitely showing as you were a few months into your pregnancy. Part of Dutch actually loved that your bump showed so prominently now, the sight alone making him smile.

As your bump grew, Dutch used it as an excuse to spoil you. You were in need of new clothes and Dutch went above and beyond to get you them. You had expected a few shirts, some skirts or pants, but Dutch never did anything averagely. He spoils you and he knows it, he enjoys it.

-----

Dutch sat on the edge of his bed, his shirt still on but unbuttoned. You were both getting ready to turn in for the night and you change just changed into a nightgown, a nice white piece that Dutch had bought for you.

"You are beautiful" Dutch complimented as he took your hands in his, guiding you to stand between his legs.

"You think? Because I don't feel it at the moment" you sighed, hanging your head but not stopping him from pulling you closer.

"Trust me, my dear, you are gorgeous. You are absolutely beautiful and nothing could convince me otherwise" Dutch's voice was so soft and so sincere that it would be hard not to believe him.

Dutch never allowed you to think of yourself as anything other than beautiful, he reminded you of how he loved you and how he saw you every single day. Of course you were happy to be having a baby, to be starting a family with Dutch, but the changes your body had been going through had made you a little insecure. However, as soon as Dutch noticed that, he put an end to it.

"How are you feeling?" Dutch asked as he let go of your hands and placed his own on your waist.

"Just fine, Dutch. As I always tell you" you assured him with a smile as you ran your fingers through his hair. You liked to play with his hair at the end of the day, when you could mess it up and he didn't have to fix it. You loosened it from his usual neat style, smiling softly to yourself when a strand fell over his face.

"I have to ask. You know that I worry" Dutch told you as he ran a large palm over your stomach. If he was lucky he could feel his baby kick.

"I know and I love that about you" you hummed quietly, resting your free hand on his shoulder, underneath the collar of his shirt.

"I love you" Dutch smiled up at you as he guided you closer to him somehow.

"I love you too" you lent down and pressed a lingering kiss to his lips.

"I love you both" he told you as he rested his forehead against your stomach.

You didn't say anything, you just smiled and continued to play with his hair. Your fingers started at his roots and down to the end of the strands, then playing with the hair on the back of his neck.

You adored these moments, the moments that were quiet and soft. When he wasn't the gang's leader but he was yours, your Dutch.

Requests?