Sean MacGuire: Thanks for the Lead

Sean MacGuire X Female Reader

Summary: Needing to find some shelter from the rain, you stumble across a little cabin and a friendly Irishman who had made the place his temporary home. His reliable leads encouraged you to visit again, but neither of you could deny that you had hit it off.

(Set in the Online gameplay)

Word Count: 3600

You cursed to yourself when the rain started, all while you weren't near anywhere to take shelter and you would be soaked if you didn't find somewhere soon. Continuing to ride in the hopes to find somewhere suitable, you finally spotted a little cabin up a head. As you got closer you noticed that it looked pretty abandoned, didn't look like anyone had been living in it for a while. Thankfully.

You took your horse around the back of the cabin so that the poor thing wasn't too exposed to the bad weather, and just in case anyone came snooping around, before heading into the little wooden building.

As you looked around the small space, you muttered incoherently to yourself. It looked like somebody had already beaten you here and had been staying here. Knowing that you should probably leave before they returned, you turned around just in time to see a red headed man walking past the window.

"Shit" you cursed to yourself, hoping that he wasn't the trigger happy type. Taking a few steps back, you put some distance between you and the front door.

The man was whistling to himself as he pushed the door open with his shoulder and stepped inside the cabin, not spotting you until he turned around.

"What the fuck, buddy?" the man exclaimed in a thick Irish accent as he dropped his crate of drinks and upholstered his gun.

"Whoa, whoa, I ain't here for trouble" you held your hands up to show him that you weren't holding any weapons.

"What the fuck do you want, eh? Wanna get yourself killed or something?" the man asked. You weren't about to tell him this, since he was holding a gun at you, but he wasn't very threatening.

"I was just looking for a place to get outta the rain, didn't realise anyone was staying here until I was inside...then you showed up" you explained yourself calmly.

"I don't like getting surprised" the man told you.

"Who does?" you asked with a small huff of amusement.

"Awfully calm for someone who has a gun pointed at them" he squinted at you suspiciously.

"You seem reasonable and I really ain't here to cause trouble. Let me past and I'll get outta your hair, alright?" you tried to reason with him.

"Alright...alright" the man nodded before stepping to the side, agreeing to let you go without a fight.

You nodded back at him before cautiously walking past him to the door, stopping as you reach for the handle. With a sigh, you turned back to the red headed man. "While I'm here, you don't happen to have any work for me, do ya?" you asked.

"Work?" the man tilted his head to the side curiously.

"Doesn't have to be legal, just gotta pay" you told him. "I won't hurt innocent folk though" you quickly added.

"Yeah, I don't like killin' innocent folk either. Gives me a real nasty feeling inside" the man nodded in understanding as he lowered his gun. "...alright, I ain't need nothin' from ya but I could point you in the right direction" he offered.

"That's be great. I'm Y/n by the way, Y/n L/n" you introduced yourself, holding you hand out to him.

"Sean MacGuire" he told you his name as he holstered his gun and shook your hand. "Come on in then" he invited, gesturing around the room.