The Van der Linde Gang: Hair Stylist

The Van der Linde Gang & Reader

Summary: How you pretty much became the camp's hair stylist.

Word Count: 2900

It all started up in Colter, when Charles hurt his hand. You had just offered to help him out. He always did so much for the gang, even when he was injured, so it was the least you could do. You had offered to help him tie his hair up when you noticed it was getting in his face. From that moment on, Charles would ask for your assistance until his hand healed, and you would either tie up his hair or braid it for him.

You didn't think it would lead to you becoming the gang's personal hair stylist.

It wasn't like you helping Charles with his hair was a secret, it just took some time for anyone to catch you doing it. Arthur had walked into one of the cabins in Colter, seeing you sitting behind Charles as you braided his hair, the two of you greeting him as if this was totally normal.

"So what...he got you styling his hair for him now?" Arthur asked, his brow furrowing slightly.

"Just while his hand is healing" you shrugged with a soft smile.

"She's actually quite good" Charles informed him, making her smile some more.

"I could do yours for you, since you've grown it out a little. Or I could cut it for you if you would prefer that" you offered kindly.

"...I'm good thanks" Arthur shook his head, his cheeks turning a light shade of pink.

"Well, if you ever change your mind you know where to find me" you told him.

"Sure" Arthur nodded at you both, getting what he had come for before leaving you both to it.

"He'll be back" you joked, making Charles chuckle. "There. All done" you announced as you secured the neat braid.

"Thank you" Charles smiled as he pulled away and turned to face you.

"Anytime" you smiled back.

However, even when Charles' hand had fully healed the two of you had become so used to this routine that you continued to do it. Even when you had moved to Horseshoe Overlook, you would tie up Charles' hair for him and occasionally he would even do yours, just to return the favour.

-----

It had started with Arthur when he got back to the camp after a job, he was a little beaten up and dishevelled. Being the kindhearted person you are, you offered to help him wash up and tended to his wounds. After that, you had sat with him and brushed his hair out for him.

You were just trying to detangle his hair but you could tell that he was enjoying the attention and gentle touches, so you continued. You could only smile when you noticed how it was making him start to fall asleep, you thought that it was just adorable.

After that it just became a regular occurrence when he was tired or had been on a rough job, you would kneel behind him and brush hair, just neatening it up for him before leaving him to get some rest.

"Maybe you should take a small break. You've been working so much lately" you sighed as you ran the brush through his hair.

"Hmm, don't really have the choice" Arthur hummed. You loved how relaxed he got in these moment.

"That's not fair. You work so hard all the time with barely any gratitude" you frowned but continued to brush his hair back out of his face.

"At least you look after me when I get back" Arthur commented, blushing slightly when he realised what he said. That was one of the problems to him being so relaxed, at least in his opinion, he often spoke before thinking. You, on the other hand, loved it.