Javier Escuella: Guarma Part 2

Javier Escuella & Daughter Reader
Archie Downes X Female Reader

Summary: Javier decides it's time to move on from the gang in order to protect you and give you a better life.

Word Count: 2600

After getting of the boat from Guarma, it didn't take you and your father too long to find the gang camping out in Lakay. Once the two of you got settled, you got cleaned up and changed into some clean clothes before getting something to eat.

You were exhausted from your little trip so you decided to find somewhere quiet to sit and eat, you couldn't wait to get some real sleep. You looked up and smiled slightly when your father sat down opposite you with food of his own.

"Nos vamos mañana por la noche" Javier spoke, telling you that you were both leaving tomorrow night.

"What?...all of us?" you frowned, confused as to what your father was saying and why he was saying it in Spanish so that the others couldn't understand.

"Just us" Javier shook his head.

"...why?" you asked, still confused.

"After Guarma...I have to keep you safe...and Dutch se ha vuelto loco. Él ha cambiado" Javier sighed, telling you what you already knew, that Dutch has gone crazy and that he had changed. "You are my number one priority, I can't let anything happen to you and nothing good is going happen from here" he sounded so sure of his decision.

"...oh" was all you said, surprised by your father's sudden decision. He had always been so loyal to Dutch, yet here he was telling you that he wanted to leave.

"Is that what you want?" Javier asked carefully. He didn't want to take you away from the gang if it was something that you really didn't want.

You thought about it for a moment, glancing down at your food before looking up at him again. "Yeah...yeah, I do" you nodded.

"Mañana por la noche" Javier repeated 'tomorrow night' and you nodded. "Just get some rest now" he told you and you nodded again. The two of you finished your meals in silence before turning in for the night.

- - - - -

The next evening, once the camp settled down, you packed up your belongings. You weren't able to take your tents or even a wagon, since you were leaving without telling anyone, so you could only take what you could carry on the back of your horses.

You were supposed to meet your father by the horses at midnight, so that's exactly what you did. You got to your horse a little early and secured your belongings to her back.

Pulling a folded piece of paper out of your pocket, you wandered over to Arthur's horse. You didn't want to leave everyone with no explanation. You at least wanted to explain your and your father's disappearance to Arthur, since he had always been there for you in the past, and you knew that he would tell anyone else that it concerned. You also knew that he would make an informed decision on what to tell Dutch.

You slipped the letter into the saddlebags of Arthur's horse before you heard your father's voice. "Y/n?" he whispered.

"I'm right here" you whispered back, rounding the horses and returning to your own.

"Are you ready to go?" Javier asked as he secured his belongings to the back of his horse.

"...yeah" you nodded, glancing back into the camp.

"Are you alright?" Javier looked over at you as he checked how secure his belongings were.

"Yeah...yeah, I am. I'm just going to miss everyone...at least most of them" you confessed.