Micah Bell: Off Limits

Micah Bell X Female Reader (Dutch's Daughter)

Summary: You have always had Micah's attention but you were his leader's daughter, would it really be worth the risk? Recently he has decided that it would be.

Word Count: 2900

Micah wandered up to the crate of beers and reached for one, pausing when he was interrupted by an all too familiar voice.

"Could you pass me one?" you asked sweetly. Micah glanced at you, seeing your welcoming smile, and grunted something under his breath before grabbing a bottle. He opened it without being asked and held it out to you. "Thank you, Mr Bell" you maintained eye contact with him as you sipped from the beer bottle. "A real gentleman" you gave him a small smirk before just walking away.

Micah huffed to himself, grabbing himself his own drink before storming away, hating how much of an effect you had on him.

You had been teasing him like that, in subtle, nearly unnoticeable ways, for a long time now. And don't get get him wrong, it wasn't that he wasn't interested, actually he was very interested. There was just one problem. A big problem.

When Micah had first met you, he had just joined the gang and Dutch had brought him back to the camp. He had approached you with a smirk, a certain cockiness about him. You had instantly caught his eye, a beautiful young woman who appeared to have all the confidence in the world. How couldn't he notice you?

Just as Micah was introducing himself to you, Dutch had walked over with a smile on his face and said those crushing words. "Ah, Mr Bell, I see you've met my daughter."

Daughter. You were Dutch's daughter.

Ever since then, Micah had avoided you but apparently he had done something to get your attention or maybe you just liked bothering him. Either way, he knew that he had to keep his distance.

Maybe it was because he knew that he couldn't have you or maybe it was something else but he couldn't help the way his mind and gaze wandered to you without even realising it. Of course he couldn't avoid you completely, he had worked on jobs with you, had casual conversation with you, and all of that probably made things worse.

Micah quickly learnt that not only was he attracted to you, but he respected you, enjoyed your company, actually liked you. That realisation only made things worse, more complicated.

There was one thing that Micah knew. No matter how much he liked you, no matter how much you seemed to enjoy teasing him, he could never pursue you. You were the one woman who was off limits, he knew that Dutch would kill him if he found out how he thought about his daughter and it just couldn't be worth the risk.

But even now, Micah found himself looking at you, lost in thought. He had never been so entranced by a woman and of course you had to be his boss' daughter, completely and utterly off limits.

-----

Micah sat at one of the tables in the camp, a map laid out in front of him as he plotted out a possible score.

"Working on something?" you asked as you walked up to the table.

Micah glanced up at you before turning his attention back to the map. "Might be a stagecoach going by not too far from here" he told you blankly.

"You hitting it alone?" you asked innocently enough.

"That's the plan" Micah nodded.

"Mind if I go with you?" you raised an eyebrow at him.