Arthur Morgan: The City Part 2

Arthur Morgan X Female Reader

Summary: Arthur decides that there is a life meant for him and that life is only one with you.

Word count: 3200

Just as you finished getting ready, there was a knock on your door. A smile instantly appeared on your face as you headed for the door, already knowing that it was Arthur coming to pick you up for your date.

Usually the two of you just went for dinner or a drink. Sometimes he would take you for a ride until you found a scenic place to rest, those were your favourite dates, where Arthur seemed more in his element.

"Hey" you smiled as you opened the door.

"You ready?" Arthur greeted you with a smile on his face.

"Always. Where are we going?" you asked as you stepped out of your apartment and locked the door behind you.

"Well, I know it ain't exactly a date, but I was thinking I could finally show you the ranch. I think I've finished all the repairs but something else is bound to pop up" Arthur suggested, scratching the back of his neck nervously. He knew it wasn't really a date and it wasn't exactly romantic but he knew that you wanted to see the place.

"I'd love to see the ranch!" you perked up even more.

You knew that Arthur had been working so hard on it since he bought it, and you were genuinely excited to see how it was coming along. Your excitement made Arthur smile as he took your hand in his and guided you over to his horse.

He lifted you up effortlessly before mounting it himself. It was like you actually felt lighter as the two of your rode out of the city. The two of you rode for a while, the ranch being a fair distance from the city but the two of you had no problem making that journey just to see each other.

The horse rode up to the ranch and you looked around with a smile, this was much more fitting for Arthur than some place in the city. You could see him tending to the horses, busying himself with various jobs around the ranch, enjoying a coffee in the morning sun.

Arthur dismounted his horse before taking hold of your waist and lifting you down. "It ain't much yet but I think it could really be something. Nothing too fancy but...home" he sounded proud and it made your chest warm.

"It's going to be perfect, I already know it" you assured him, your hands resting on his arms as his hands remained on your waist.

"Could get a few chickens. Shit, could even get some cattle" Arthur pondered as he looked around the land that he now owned.

"You know how to care for cattle?" you raised an eyebrow at him, amused by his planning.

"Not much more than just roundin' them up but I'd figure it out, I'm sure" Arthur admitted with a small laugh.

"We had cattle on my family's farm. If you need some help, don't hesitate to ask" you offered, always happy to help with anything he needed and knowing he would do the same for you. Your offer made him smile and nod, fond of the idea of you both working on the ranch together.

"Come on, let me show you inside" Arthur took your hand in his before guiding you towards the house.

You followed him up the steps of the front porch and let him unlock the front door before letting you inside, stepping in after you and closing the door again.

"It's not completely ready yet but it has what I need for now. A fire, a couch, a kitchen and table, a bathroom, a bedroom. It's nothing too nice but it's the necessities" Arthur told you, letting you walk around freely to investigate.