Non-Binary Reader

The gang reacting to a non-binary reader (very androgynous looking)

Headcanons

When the gang first met you, they were confused. They weren't sure what to call you. They called you by your name, and nothing but your name, for so long because they were all afraid to ask if you were a man or a woman and offend you.

Unsurprising, it's Micah who asks you. As abrupt and unsubtle as he always is. You just shrugged, telling him that you were kinda somewhere in the middle (or that you just don't care, if that applies to you).

Now he's more confused, as are other members of the gang.

Arthur, Charles, and Sadie don't care in the slightest. They care far more about your character than your gender, it's unimportant. Out of the three, Arthur is the most confused about it but doesn't say anything about it. He really doesn't care, he's just confused but accepts it. The three of them never treated you any differently. When they didn't know what your gender was? When they know you're non-binary? Nah, you're just Y/n to them.

Hosea just kind of accepts it. After all, it takes all sorts to make a world. He might have a few questions. He is one of the first to actually ask about pronouns and how best to address you, never wanting to disrespect you. All in all, if you pull your weight around camp and are kind to the other members (at least those who deserve it) he doesn't care who or what you are.

Micah is an asshole. Shocking, I know. He's the one who is most likely to comment on it but lets be honest, he has nothing clever to say. He doesn't understand it so he can't really insult it. You broke Micah, well done.

Bill might have said something if he could wrap his head around it. He doesn't like to talk about it, it makes him feel kinda dumb. C'mon Bill, it's not that difficult!

Sean is the most likely to say something stupid but means no harm by it! Always apologises and tries to joke and laugh it off. He doesn't really care, he just accepts it and continues about his day.

Kieran accepts it, he accepts you. If you're kind to him, he's going to like you no matter what your gender is. He cares about how you treat him and other people, anything else is pretty unimportant.

Lenny wants to learn about it, in the politest way. He doesn't want to ask too many questions, he doesn't want to accidentally offend or upset you. Once you assure him that it's okay and you are happy to explain it to him some more because you know that he only has good intentions. And, of course, he accepts you just the way you are.

Dutch pretends to understand more than he actually does but he still completely accepts you. If you're a hard worker, loyal, and fit into the gang well, he doesn't care about much else. You are who you are and who is he, or any of them, to judge that?

John and Javier don't really have much to say about it. It doesn't matter what your gender is, you're just you. John is probably more confused about it than Javier, while Javier more likely just shrugs and accepts it. Still, neither of them really comment on it, they just don't have anything to say about it.

The women really don't care. Mary-Beth and Tilly might politely ask you about it one evening. Karen is less delicate, not really caring if she offends you (don't worry, she doesn't say anything offensive) she just speaks her mind. She means no harm, just has a few questions. In the end, she really doesn't care all that much. Miss Grimshaw probably doesn't comment on it even once. If you don't cause trouble, help out around the camp or run jobs, if you aren't lazy and you pull your weight, she's happy to have you around. Your gender doesn't matter to her.

A lot of the members of the gang don't understand the whole 'no gender' or in-between gender thing but will accept you for you. They don't quite understand how you can identify as neither gender but it doesn't really effect anything, so it doesn't matter to most of them. They just accept it mostly.

Requests?