Javier Escuella: Reunion Part 2

Javier Escuella X Female Reader

Summary: You and Javier rebuild your relationship, picking up where you left off, and get all that either of you ever wanted.

Word Count: 1800

The morning sun peering through thin curtains woke you up, making you stir. You instinctively searched for the warm body beside you but found nothing, making you open your eyes only to see that Javier wasn't beside you.

Javier had moved into your bedroom not that long after he moved into your ranch, about a month after you started living together. Your relationship had been growing fast, eventually getting back to where you left off. Sleeping alone, while Javier was only a room away, just felt wrong and you just had to sleep in his embrace again.

Things felt like they were getting back to normal, to the way things used to be between you and Javier all those years ago. You had truly missed that but now you were getting that back, you wouldn't give that up for the world. You couldn't lose each other again.

You climbed out of the bed and got dressed before heading down the stairs. You searched the ground floor of the house but it was silent and you couldn't find Javier anywhere.

You hummed to yourself as you stepped outside and onto the front porch, instantly seeing Javier fixing a broken fence out on the front of the ranch. He had adjusted to his new life quickly, seeming much more relaxed and happy than he had when you first reunited.

You smiled as you walked over to him, seemingly going unnoticed. "Getting an early start?" you asked, getting his attention.

"I wanted to surprise you by finally fixing this thing" Javier told you as he looked back at you over his shoulder.

"That's very sweet" you chuckled, watching him work. "Finish up and then come in side, I'll get something ready to eat" you told him, figuring that he hadn't eaten yet.

"You're an angel" Javier grinned up at you, shifting his weight onto his other knee.

"I know" you shrugged, making him laugh softly to himself. "Don't be too long" your voice softened as you lent down and pressed a kiss to his forehead, before turning and heading inside.

Javier looked over his shoulder, watching you head back into the house, with a content smile on his face.

Javier remembered the times he would lay with you of a night, you wrapped in his arms, sleeping soundly while he was awake. He would think about where the two of you would be in a year's time or in ten year's time, he never predicted what actually happened. Over a decade later and you weren't even together, he thought that he would never see you again. Now, he wanted to make up for lost time but he also didn't want to waste any more time. He loved you, he always had and he always will.

Here you both where, living the domestic life in a comfortable ranch. Still, there was something missing, something unfinished, and Javier planned on righting that wrong.

-----

It was later that evening, the two of you were sitting on the front porch with a drink each. It was a pleasant way to end the day, just you and Javier sitting together, enjoying a cool drink and conversation.

"Y/n, mi amor" Javier broke the peaceful silence.

"Hmm?" you hummed, looking to him and encouraging him to continue.

"I've been thinking for a little while. Well, longer than that but I guess we're a little complicated, or at least we were. I don't know if you're in the same place that I am yet and if you're not, that's alright. I said that I would wait and I meant that, I will keeping waiting for you if that's what you need right now but...but I need to finally ask you this" Javier spoke and you could see that he was nervous about something. It wasn't right to see Javier nervous, it just wasn't him. He was usually so confidence and self assured but he didn't want to push too hard and you knew that, you appreciated that even though you didn't feel as if he needed to do so anymore.