Sean MacGuire: Somewhere Far Away

Sean MacGuire X Female Reader

Summary: When you tell Sean about your pregnancy, you see a whole new side to him, a more mature side that only wants what is best for his family. The two of you end up deciding that moving away for a simpler life would be a better idea, but it takes you further than you expected.

Word Count: 4200

You had spent days thinking about how you were going to tell Sean the news. You felt a little bad for worrying so much about how he would react but who could blame you? Sean wasn't a bad person, far from it, but he was a young outlaw who appeared to have a dream of becoming a well known outlaw like his father, what you had to tell him didn't exactly fit in with that plan. That being said, you knew that he would do everything he could because he loved you, you just had to have a conversation about it. You couldn't put it off any longer.

So, you started looking for him as you gathered up the courage. Wandering around the camp in an attempt to find the familiar red head, you finally heard his voice.

"Like I told you...a white rabbit" Sean's voice came from behind you, making you smile as you turned and headed in that direction. He was just past the horses, out of the way of the other members of the camp.

"They're, well...they're magical" Sean said as you finally found him, seeing him kneeling beside Jack, who must have found the dead white rabbit that lay in front of them. You cringed a little at the sight but wondered what Sean was talking about.

"Really?" Jack asked, looking up at him.

"Sure. It's a sign...it's definitely a sign" Sean nodded and you couldn't help but smile, it was adorable.

"A sign of what?" the young boy asked as you walked over to them.

"No idea, yet...no idea" Sean confessed, making you chuckle quickly. The sound made him look up and see you approaching. "Y/n, my love, it's a sign, ain't it?" he asked, seeking some support.

"I'm sure it is" you agreed as you knelt down beside Sean.

"Sure. A sign that you've done dumb in the head" Arthur teased as he sauntered over, raising an eyebrow at the three of you.

"Jackie boy...that's the age of reason right there...no room for dreams" Sean shook his head disapprovingly while you just laughed.

"Oh well...bye, Mr Rabbit" Jack smiled before standing up and walking away, returning to the camp.

"Cheer up, Arthur" you said playfully, making Arthur chuckle before just picking up the rabbit and carrying it over to Pearson's wagon, shaking his head at you both. "Sean?" you asked once Arthur was out of sight, both of you still kneeling in the grass.

"Yeah?" Sean asked, looking at you with a smile.

"I have to tell you something" you spoke, figuring that it was as good a time as any.

"Sure, you know you can tell me anything" Sean nodded as he took your hand in his.

"I, uh...I found out a few days ago but wasn't sure how to tell you but...I'm pregnant..." you told him simply and were greeted with a pause.

The silence was suffocating, letting your anxiety run wild. You watched his face for a reaction but it was blank, he was processing what you just told him so you gave him the time he needed.

Suddenly Sean had lurched forward and cupped your face in his hands, smashing his lips into yours as you fell to the ground. You were in shock as you fell back onto the grass, your arms instinctively wrapping around Sean's neck as you returned his enthusiastic kiss.