John Marston: Art Show

John Marston x Female Reader

Summary: John takes you into Saint Denis for an art show he was invited too but doesn't like how the artist is talking to you.

Word Count: 2100

You were sitting in the camp, at the fire with a drink, when John approached you. The two of you had been close friends for a while now, so when you saw him you couldn't help but greet him with a smile. "Hey John, how was your trip into Saint Denis?" you asked, honestly expect him to complain about something that had happened.

"More eventful that I thought it would be" John told you as he sat down beside you.

"Really?" you raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sure, met an artist" John nodded.

"How romantic" you teased, smirking slightly to yourself.

"Shut up" John rolled his eyes at you. "Stopped him from getting killed by some the husband of some woman he slept with" he explained.

"Oh he sounds like a real catch" you chuckled, shaking your head.

"Gave me some of his work as well" John reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper before holding it out to you.

You took the piece of paper and unfolded it, looking at the drawing. "Huh...I'm going to pretend you didn't just give me a doodle of a naked woman" you joked with an amused huff.

"Oh c'mon, you ain't offended by that kinda stuff, are you?" John scoffed, knowing that you couldn't be bothered by that considering you were running with a gang of outlaws.

"'course not" you shook your head. "Why'd he give it to you anyway?" you asked.

"Dunno. Said it was worthless but would be worth something one day" John shrugged, not sounding too convinced.

"Let's hope, huh? Better keep hold of that" you hummed as you handed it back, he took the folded piece of paper and pocketed it again.

"He also invited me to his exhibit at the gallery. Was wonderin' if you'd wanted to join me" John looked at you expectantly.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were asking me on a date" you teased. It wouldn't be the first time that the two of you joked about something like that.

"I don't think it's going to be that romantic but it could be fun" John rubbed the back of his neck, still waiting for your answer.

"Well, I'll still go with you" you never planned on turning down the offer. "What's the artist's name anyway?" you asked.

"Charles Châtenay" John told you.

"French?" you asked and he nodded.

"Apparently he left Paris because they told him he couldn't paint" John chuckled slightly, not wanting you to get your hopes up for some incredible art show. Though, he was sure that neither of you would know what was going on if it was.

"Oh now we definitely have to go see his exhibit!" your face lit up, clearly more excited now, making John laugh fondly.

-----

So you and John rode into Saint Denis and walked up into the gallery that the artist had told him to meet him. The two of you looked around, walking into one room where there was a couple admiring a sculpture.

"I think that it's Greek" the man hummed, "or...could be Roman."

"What do you think John? Greek or Roman?" you asked, tilting your head to the side as if you were examining the sculpture.