Kieran Duffy: We'll Be Fine

Kieran Duffy X Male Reader

Summary: You met Kieran when he, less than willingly, joined the O'Driscoll gang just like you did. The two of you ended up being dragged into a whole new, rival, gang but you know that you'll be alright if you just stick together.

Word Count: 2800

You quietly guided your horse out of the camp, moving slowly through the snow, and making sure not to draw any attention. As you drew closer to the meeting spot, you saw Kieran waiting anxiously with his own horse.

"Hey Duffy" you greeted him quietly, alerting him to your presence. Kieran jumped at the sound of your voice and turned to you with wide eyes, quickly relaxing when he saw that it was just you. "You ready to go?" you asked.

"Have been since they dragged me here" Kieran told you, making you smile.

"Good. Let's go before they see us" you patted his shoulder before you both mounted your horses, riding away from the O'Driscoll camp and sharing hopeful smiles.

The two of you were finally following through on your plan to leave the O'Driscoll boys for good, there wasn't a real destination in mind but you would both figure out what to do next together. All you needed right now, was to get away from these men and you knew that Kieran agreed.

Just as the two of you thought that you were home free, you started getting chased by two other men on horses. All you knew was that they weren't O'Driscolls.

One of the men had pulled Kieran off of his horse with a lasso and you cursed to yourself. You could have kept running and maybe you should have but you didn't, you slowed your horse. You couldn't just leave Kieran behind.

Of course, this only ended up with you being lassoed as well. The two of you were thrown over the back of the men's horses and took you back to their camp.

- - - - -

Two men by the names of Bill and Uncle, you think that's what their leader called them, tied you and Kieran up in the barn of the town they were camping in. Both of you had your arms tied behind your backs and behind the posts that you were tied too.

You knew who had taken you both captive, they were the Van der Linde gang. You had heard a lot about them and Dutch from the O'Driscolls, apparently he and Colm had a long standing rivalry. And that didn't fill you with much hope about how they were going to treat you.

Now you and Kieran had been left in the dim and chilly barn, it was cold but at least you were inside. They had threatened to starve you both until you were willing to talk, which you already were but they wouldn't believe either of you.

"Hey Duffy" you spoke softly to get his attention. "We'll be fine. It's gonna suck but as long as we tell them everything we want to know, we'll get outta here" you assured him when he looked over at you.

"...you sure?" Kieran asked, seeming unconvinced.

"Yeah, of course" you put on a comforting smile but Kieran just hung his head. You sighed before reaching over with your foot, gently tapping it against his own and making him look up at you again. "We're gonna be fine" you promised him with another smile, a smile that he returned this time.

A few hours dragged by and you were pretty sure that Kieran had fallen asleep. That's when you let out a small sigh and slumped back against the post, looking up at the ceiling of the barn. How were you going to get out of this one? From what you heard, Dutch wasn't as ruthless as Colm but you didn't want to get your hopes up. Maybe you could still get Kieran out somehow...