Chapter 3: August's POV

(Photo of Raven) 

Edited 7/17/2020

I awoke to my preset alarm's sound on my phone, my eyes snapping open. Hardly wanting to move, I groaned and slapped my phone until I turned the alarm off, my body sore—especially my face where I had made contact with the ground. I cried out in pain, grabbing my phone off of the charger, checking the time. I could hear Raven and Ella's soft snores; they were unbothered by my alarm, thank goddess. I don't think I would be able to deal with Ella before her coffee or Raven before he had eaten. They're both moody assholes in the morning, and due to the pain, I was not in the mindset to deal with it. At all.

I rolled out of bed, slipping into my slippers. I shuffled to my bathroom, taking care of my morning duties, using the toilet, washing my face, and brushing my teeth. Well, I tried to wash my face and brushing my teeth, but my jaw was really swollen. If it didn't go down by noon, I'm pretty sure the terrible two would be dragging me to the pack healer. I whimpered when I tried to brush my fingers against the swollen flesh. I tried opening my mouth, but I could only move it a little before the pain would kick in. I gave my jaw one last glance in the mirror before exiting the bathroom. 

I made my way down the stairs to the kitchen, deciding to just begin making breakfast for us. One thing that could always distract me was baking/cooking, the feeling of mixing ingredients to create something that I know would taste delicious felt therapeutic. Besides school, this was one of my more durable suits, something I knew I was good at. I was shit at many other things, but hey, we win some and lose some.

I started grabbing ingredients to make cinnamon rolls, knowing that was the one thing the terrible two would agree they both liked. I mixed the dry ingredients together before mixing the liquid ingredients together. I had the dough rolled out and spread butter on it before I sprinkled the cinnamon-sugar mixture. I rolled the dough up and began cutting them into cinnamon rolls. Once I was done, I put them in a buttered pan and put them in the oven, setting the timer. I began to make a pot of coffee, knowing I would need it to get through the day.

Once the pot of coffee was finally done, I grabbed myself a coffee mug out of my cabinet and grabbed the creamer out of the fridge, leaving it next to the coffee pot, knowing that Ella catches a whiff of coffee she'll be bolting downstairs.

I leaned against the counter, watching the timer tick away, counting down the minutes until the cinnamon rolls were done. I smile, gripping onto my mug of coffee and take a sip. Five minutes before the timer went off for the cinnamon rolls, Ella trotted her way down the stairs. Making herself a mug of coffee, watching the timer for the cinnamon rolls to go off with me.

Her red curly hair looked like an honest to goddess rats nest. "I assume that Raven is still in the bed?" I ask.

"Mmm," Ella grunted, sleep very evident in her eyes.

"Alright, well, maybe we'll be able to eat a couple of cinnamon rolls before he eats them all," I took another sip of my coffee. The timer finally dinged, prompting me to pull the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. I plopped little dollops of icing on the cinnamon rolls. I grabbed one and started tearing it apart, knowing I wouldn't be able to open my jaw enough to take a bite out of it. I nibbled on the piece I just pulled off, and I could hear footsteps heading down the stairs. Raven's hair was pulled back into a ponytail, bags evident under his eyes. He looked better than Ella and I, that was sure.

He grabs a plate and snags three cinnamon rolls, and starts attacking them. "Dude, your jaw is fucked." Raven finally spoke with his mouth full, eyeing my jaw.

"Why, thank you, captain obvious." I manage to grumble out. Ella then started looking through the cabinets. "I guess it decided to show up this morning."

"Ah, here it is," Ella said with her head in a cabinet, pulling out the Ibuprofen. She handed me my mug, dropping a few pills into my palm. I swallowed the pills down, hoping they would work their magic. "We're taking you to the pack healer if this doesn't look better by noon." I knew it, and there was no point in arguing because that was her way of telling me it would happen whether I liked it or not.

I always hated going to the pack healer; if it was something like my jaw, she would give me an elixir that was goddess honest, the absolute worst thing to ingest. Yes, it worked its magic within an hour most of the time, but it almost made me throw up every time, it was disgusting. I was praying to the moon goddess that I would not have to deal with having to go to her.

Ella, Raven, and I made our way to the living room. Ella automatically makes her way to my movie shelf, pulling Titanic off of it. She made her way over to the Blu-ray player and popped it in. "Why this trash movie?" Raven groaned, running his hand through his hair.

"It's a perfect movie, shut the fuck up." Ella grabbed a pillow from one of the couches and chunked it at Raven's head. The thumping sound, made Ella start cackling.

"WHO FUCKING LET'S THEIR MAN DIE? TRASH BITCHES, THAT'S WHO." He roared, chunking the pillow back in her direction.

"Yo, keep it down with the murderous intent," I said, gritting my teeth in pain.

"Tell that trash bag Raven he needs to apologize for personally attacking me," Ella dramatically puts the back of her hand over her forehead.

"Tell that red-headed brat that she's ignorant and doesn't know a good movie if it were to hit her in the face like that dick she's been sucking." Raven stuck his tongue out at her.

"Bro, too far," I interject, Ella had grabbed another pillow and jumped on top of Raven and put it over his face. She pressed hard with intent to kill, cackling at Raven's screams underneath her. The youngest of us three squirming under her weight, trying to escape her grasp. "Alright, you two, cut it out." I hissed out.

"Tell him to say sorry." She glared at me with rage in her eyes, a glint of her wolf's eyes were there, the almost golden tint taking over. Her wolf Greta was a force to be reckoned with. Raven just so happened to make her that angry.

"I'll say sorry when you're done trying to suffocate me," Raven muffled out, making Ella pull the pillow off. Sometimes I feel like these two idiots mother, I was a mile ahead of them in the maturity level that was for sure. "Sorry." He muttered to her.

"Thought so," She huffed at him, sitting down between the two of us and pressing play on the movie.