Chapter 30: Alexandre's POV

I had made it to the Hael household. I sharply knocked on the front door, hoping he was at home tonight. I waited a few moments, when there was no response I wrapped the door a few more times. The door opened to an Omega with curly black hair that had been tied up into a bun.

"Can I help you?" He asked, looking at me with questioning eyes.

"Um, who're you?" I asked the Omega, not quite remembering his name.

"Malikai, now can I help you Alpha?" He questioned me again.

"Well I came to see August, is he home?" The door abruptly slammed in my face making me step backwards. After a few moments of waiting I decided to just go home. Once I was halfway down the driveway I heard the front door of the house open up.

"Wait." I heard him call out for me. I turn back towards the house to see him running up to me. "You're here to talk to me?" He asked once he approached me. His beautiful green eyes gleamed in the moonlight.

"Yes, I came to talk to you." I grinned at him.

"Would you like to come in? I can make you some hot chocolate." He beamed.

"I would love that." He grabbed my hand and started pulling me towards the house. His warm hand tingles against mine. The static from his touch left me wanting more.

Mate. Dimitri managed to get out before I blocked him out. I tried to breathe in his scent but nothing came. My eyes darted to his neck where the scent blocker rested. He pulled me into the house and dragged me to the kitchen.

"You can sit on one of the stools." He let go of my hand, motioning toward the bar.

"Alright." He started to make the hot chocolate by pouring the milk into a pan heating it up. Once he had the finished product he sat the mug in front of me along with a bag of marshmallows. He grabbed a big hand full of them and put them inside of his mug. I chuckled at the mountain of marshmallows that he managed to pile on the hot liquid.

"Help yourself." He motioned to the marshmallows. I grab a few and toss them into my mug. "Anyways, what brings you here Alpha?" He looked at me with those eyes. He plucked one of the marshmallows off the top of his mountain and popped it into his mouth.

"I came here to apologize for my father's actions." I started, his eyes widened in fear, as the words left my mouth. "Hey, hey don't worry, I found out from my mom." His shoulders relaxed just a tad at the news.

"No need, I'm just... Dealing with it." He brings his hand up to his neck, scratching around the collar. I noticed the sores that had formed around the collar. My body reacted before my mind could and I stood up from the stool and walked around the bar so I was close to the little Omega. I snapped the plastic collar off of his neck.

"Don't put another one on." I demanded from him, using my Alpha tone with him. He looked up at me, meeting my eyes. Normally Omega's dare to even look me in the eyes. When he did though, it was as if my world would stop around me. He nodded in acknowledgement, his Adam's apple bobbing as he gulped. My hand dragged itself up, my fingers tilted his head up. Again my body acted on its own and my face dangerously got close to his.

Someone cleared their throat, snapping me out of the trans I was in. I looked in the direction the sound had come from and noticed the Omega from earlier. "Alpha, I don't think that would be a good decision." He looked at me with knowing eyes.

I dropped my hand and stepped away from August. "You're right." I cleared my throat and I walked back to where I had previously been sitting.

August cleared his throat before speaking again. "Anyways, it's fine." He shrugged, picking his mug up and taking a sip.