Chapter 70: August's POV

(1 month old)

Today was the first full moon ceremony since Presley was born. Both Alexandre and I were exhausted. We were still trying to get the hang of the whole parenting thing. My mom stayed with us the first few nights of him being home with us. Our pack was anxiously waiting to meet the new young Alpha of the pack as well.

Presley looked around the tent with curious eyes, he had a head full of black hair, and his eyes looked like they would take after mine. We still couldn't completely determine that because he was just under a month.

"He's so handsome," Raven cooed, gently brushing his fingers over Presley's cheek. "Oh goddess, I'm getting baby fever. I need to stop. Both you and Ella did not have permission to have such adorable children."

"Well, Leslie is cute, but Presley is cuter." I chuckled, looking down at my son.

"I beg to differ. They're both equally adorable." Raven chuckled.

"Are you ready, love?" Alexandre poked his head into my tent. I handed Presley to Raven, who would bring him out when it was time to present him.

"As ready as ever, Xandre," I held my hand out for him to grab.

Alexandre led me up the stairs to the stage, letting me sit down beside him. He began the pack meeting, telling our pack the great success we overcame in the past month. He also explained a rise in rogues just outside of our borders. Alexandre went into more detail with the action plan he had set in place. He also explained that we had nothing to worry about.

Alexandre began to present Presley to the pack, looking down at me with a grin on his face. He thanked the pack for their overwhelming support and the gifts we had received from them. When he held his hand out, waiving for Raven to bring our pup onto the stage, I got to my feet.

Raven handed Presley over to Alexandre. He supported his head with one hand and held onto his bottom with the other. "Tonight, I present to you the next Alpha of the Riverfalls pack. Alpha Presley Reid." Alexandre held him up to the crowd, cradling him still in his hands.

There was a low howl in the crowd at the announcement of our pup. After a few moments of holding Presley up, Alexandre handed Presley back to me. I sat on the ground next to my mate and let him continue with the pack meeting.

Presley was a good baby; he'd only cry when he was hungry or needed a diaper change. Malikai would sometimes tell me he was jealous of how well behaved my one month was. I only laughed and told him I was sure Presely would bring many heart attacks in the future. It then sparked another conversation I would have never believed. Malikai told Alexandre and I the real story of who Persephone's father was. It shocked us to the core. He had been raped by his alpha several times before he was able to escape. 

It explained why she seemed to grow faster, why she was so smart for being a one year old. I didn't ask for details because I could tell. Malikai was still scared that the baby's father could come and take her from him at any time. Alexandre promised that they would live safely here and if he ever felt threatened to come to us. Malikai apologized for not telling me the truth when he initially told everyone that night in my room.

I told Malikai to never be ashamed about anything that happened in his past. That was his secret to tell, he was a victim, and he should have never felt forced to tell anyone until they were ready. I thanked him for sharing the information with us, for telling us which pack we would need to look at closely.

One thing we learned about being on the council is that we could make Nationwide Pack laws. We were drafting up the correct paperwork to begin the process to end discrimination toward Omega's. Alexandre knew he would get backlash, and Alpha's would once again try to step up to the plate to challenge him. He knew that he would have no problem squashing them down to size. The Supernatural Council ended up agreeing with our suggestion and decided to look at the drafted work when it was completed.

"Oh, look at my little Pea." Someone broke me from my thoughts. Our pack was shuffling around, trying to find their friends and families to spend the full moon with. Luna Graciella stood in front of me, wiggling her fingers to let her have Presley. I giggled, holding him up for her to grab him. "Look at you all big and strong." She grabbed his hand and flexed it.

"You mean, chunky?" I chuckled, shaking my head, getting to my feet. "He's already eating like a man; goddess help me when he's a teenager."

"Oh, trust me, a tip to you for raising an Alpha period is to make sure the fridge is always stocked. Because goddess, do they eat a lot." Graciella chuckled. "That's right, baby, your daddy would clean out the kitchen in one day." She cooed at Presley, pinching his cheek.

"I believe it."

---

(8 months old)

"Come to mommy," I crouched on the ground a few feet away from Presley. I clapped my hands and encouraged him to come to me. "Come on, buddy, come to mommy." He had already started to stand up by himself. Usually, a pup couldn't start walking until they were around 11-13 months old, depending on their pacing.

Presley giggled, holding his hands out for me. His black hair was down to his shoulders, and his eyes were green just like mine. He was the perfect mix of Alexandre and me. He was absolutely adorable. "You can do it, baby, go to mommy." Alexandre cheered from behind him.

Presley squealed in happiness, clapping his hands together. He wobbled a little bit, making Alexandre put his hands on his shoulders to support him.

"C'mere baby, you can do it." I wiggled my fingers at him, beckoning him to me. He took a step forward, once again wobbling on his feet. Once he gained his footing, he took a few more steps toward me, almost falling into my arms. "You did it!" I grinned at the little boy in my arms. "Yay." I clapped.

"Yaa," Presley responded, clapping his little hands together.

"That's my boy." Alexandre smiled proudly at our son.

"Next thing you know, he'll be going to kindergarten," I said absentmindedly.

"Getting ahead of yourself there, Aug. Let's focus on his other milestones first." Alexandre laughed, picking Presley up out of my arms, hugging him to his chest. "I have to get going babe, we're finishing up the preparations for the Summit."

"Hmm, okay, I thought I was supposed to help you with that." I huffed.

"This is just making sure the borders are secure within a five-mile radius. Don't want any rogues attacking us while it's happening. I'd prefer my pack grounds to not get soiled with blood." He kissed the top of my head, handing Presley back to me. He kissed the top of Presley's head as well. "Harman and Brantley are supposed to be here a few days early to help you schedule what the Luna's are going to be doing."

"I can't wait to see them. They finally get to meet little Presley in real life now." I grinned. They've seen plenty of photos and sometimes got a glimpse of him when we were chatting online.

"I bet they're just as excited." Alexandre laughed.

"Mamamama." Presley grabbed onto my shirt, rubbing his face on it. I could tell he was tired; he liked rubbing his face to scent my shirt when he was sleepy.

"Yes, yes, yes, my little Pea," I responded to him. "Are you sleepy?" He didn't respond, only laying his head down on my chest. "Too much excitement for one day." I giggled, kissing the top of his head.

"I'll be back later. Love you two. Link me if you need me, babe." He pecked my lips one more time.

"Love you," I snuck another kiss in. Presley grunted in response, making me giggle.