Chapter 42: August's POV

New years had come and gone, so did the next full moon. I was committed to working out and getting stronger with Alexandre. I had even started working with training with the warriors to learn simple defense tactics. I had wanted to learn offense moves, but Alexandre didn't want me to learn that until I could defend myself. My body now had soft muscles, they weren't as defined as Alexandre's, or well any dominant male. It made me feel more confident in myself, that I could tackle anything thrown at me. I started to express my opinions to others and speak up for myself when I had gone to meetings with the elders.  Meeting with Alexandre's grandfather and grandmother again had been different.

Especially since I had defended myself against the backlash of the prior higher-ups of the pack. I had only gone to a few meetings with them, quite recently. The first one they had ridiculed me to the point where Alexandre was frustrated with them. They continuously spewed the word Omega as if it were an insult to me. It was something I couldn't help, I am the way I am. Alexandre and I had ended up demonstrating to them that I was learning defense tactics. It was funny when I had gotten Alexandre down on the ground. I knew he had let up a lot so I could actually get him down, but when he realized I was giving it my all, he had toned going easy on me, down. I so when I took him down he was shocked, the grin on his face had shown me he was proud of me.

Today was the day before Alexandre's birthday, and I had weighed heavily on what I wanted to do. We had planned on going out for dinner in town, but I honestly didn't want to be the last thing we did together, provided that we weren't mates. I wanted our final moments together before discovering who his mate was, to be unique, to be memorable.

I had given it a lot of thought, and I decided to give him all of me. We had been close too many times, but of course, we had been at either his house or mine. So many cockblocks in both families. Tonight, I planned to go to his family cabin with him, his sister had told me about it when she had finally warmed up to me. He didn't know what I planned for the evening. I intended to say to him that I had a surprise for him, giving him directions to the cabin.

"Are you sure you want to do this, Aug?" Malikai sat on my bed with his legs crossed. His stomach looked like he had a basketball inside, almost to his due date at the beginning of March. 

"I'm fairly sure," I replied, digging through my closet for the items I wanted to wear for the night.

"I mean, why is it okay for other wolves but not us?" Ella's voice chimed.

"She does have a point..." Raven drawled.

"Um, I think I can answer that with a quick response. Look at my stomach, I look like a whale, this is what pre-mating sex turns out to." Malikai's voice was strained. "Then also what happens if he isn't the Alpha's mate and gave his purity to another? I just don't want him to be rejected is all, alright? I'm pretty sure that's what will be happening with me." He stressed.

"Look Mali, I'm just going to put it like this, this is the 21st century, we need to catch up with the rest of the world. How is it fair for every other wolf to go out and be horny and fuck around before mating, but Omega's have to be pure before mating?" Ella explained. "Not only that, but I'm also pretty sure Onyx, goddess love her, has fucked Alexandre. It's inevitable, he's an Alpha, probably the horniest wolf in the pack, that and the elders swore way the fuck up and down that they would-be mates, but now look, she's mated with our Beta instead."

I finally found what I was looking for, pulling it out of the bag. I walked back in the room, Ella was now standing pacing around the room, her face was red with anger.

"I mean, she's right though, Alexandre told me they did sleep with each other. We're all wolves, we know how our wolves act when we're in heat, just imagine an Alpha in a rut. I'm honestly surprised that Onyx didn't get knocked up." I sat the lingerie on the bed.