Chapter 72: Multiple POV

(8 Years old)

August's POV

"Adam, Presley, get down here!" I shouted for my two older sons to come downstairs. I heard the pitter-patter of their feet coming down the stairs.

"Yes, mommy?" Adam looked up at me.

"Aren't y'all going to help me?" I crossed my arms, looking down at the two of them.

"Do what?" Presley asked me.

"Make brownies, of course," I smiled at them. "Audrey is also going to be helping us too," I said, pulling her out of her highchair. "Show me you're strong Alpha's and go get a chair to stand on." Of course, Presley could see over the countertop, but he still needed to stand on something to be tall enough to help me.

I got the ingredients out to make brownies. Presley carried his chair to the island, Adam still being small, dragged his seat to the edge, jumping up on the chair. I sat the ingredients down on the counter. Adam noticed the cocoa powder and opened it dipping his hand in and tasting the chocolate. He scrunched his face up in disgust.

"Mommy, this chocolate is wrong; it tastes like poop," Adam whined.

"You have to add sugar, baby." I chuckled, sitting Audrey down on the countertop. I began telling them what we needed to do. Audrey tried sticking her hands inside the mixing bowl every time we added something in. Adam started getting frustrated with her, not understanding that she was only two years old and didn't know any better.

When we stir the ingredients together, it was adorable seeing my two youngest stirring up the brownie batter. Presley was holding onto Audrey making sure she stayed on the counter. Once they were mixing it the best they could, I finished stirring it up, giving each of them a spoon full of the brownie mix.

Audrey made a big mess on her face, getting some of the batter in her light brown hair. I had Presley help me put the brownies into the oven and set the timer.

"I'm home!" Alexandre's voice boomed in the house.

"We're in here!" I shouted, wetting a paper towel to wipe Audrey's face off.

"Daddy!" Audrey squealed, waving her spoon of batter around, making it splatter in various places in the kitchen.

"You're a hot mess, little mama." I chuckled, wiping her face off.

"How's my baby doll?!" Alexandre walked up behind me, pecking Audrey on the forehead, making her giggle.

"I good daddy." She excitedly said, sticking the brownie covered spoon in her mouth.

"How's my little one?" He whispered in my ear, making me shiver. Alexandre kissed his mark on my neck.

"We made brownies for you daddy, they're in the oven!" Adam jumped up and down, hugging onto Alexandre's leg.

"Oh, I can't wait to taste them. Nothing tastes better than anything my babies make for me." He grinned at Adam, patting his head. "How are you, Presley? How was school?"

"It was alright, dad; we were learning about the first leaders of our pack today," Presley responded excitedly.

"That's good to hear! Do you want to go out with your dad for his evening patrol?" Alexandre asked. He tried approaching teaching Presley to be the Alpha in a different manner than he had been taught. Alexandre didn't want the same upbringing into learning to be an Alpha as he had.

"Sure, Dad, when are we going to leave?" He asked.

"After we eat dinner." He ruffled Presley's hair. "Go do your homework, so we're not up late doing it."