Chapter 73: August's POV*

(16 years old)

"Mom Persy and I are going out, don't wait up!" Presley yelled, scurrying out of the house. I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms. He knew how I felt about him dating Persephone. Not only was she going to be his Beta, but they also didn't know if they were going to be mates or not.

Malikai wasn't a fan of them dating either because they were raised together. Miles didn't like it either, saying he didn't want his daughter dating someone who had the potential to go into rut at any given time. Which we all knew was coming sooner rather than later. Within the past year, I saw my son less and less. He spent more time in his bedroom and with his friends than he did with me.

It was so hard seeing him grow up and become less dependent on me for things. It also kind of hurt that he no longer would scent me like the others still did. I loved smelling like all of my babies; not only did I feel protected, I felt like a piece of them was with me at all times.

I sighed, tossing my towel down on the counter. All of the kids, except for Audrey and Adam, were in bed. We now had seven children, six with us and one with the goddess. After the twins were born about six years ago, we struggled to get pregnant again, and the goddess blessed us with Elijah three years after.

Miles recommended that I get my tubes tied because it would be a high risk to have another child. I believed him too. I had so many hardships while being pregnant with Elijah. I didn't think I would be able to handle another pregnancy. Hayden and Hunter were also a handful. They were rambunctious and always up to no good. I believe that Hunter was the bad influence because Hayden, on his own, was an angel.

"Audrey, you need to get to bed, young lady." I poked my head into the living room. She was watching her favorite cartoons, brushing her doll's hair.

"But mom," She whined. "The show's not over yet."

"Bed, now." I pointed to the stairs. She huffed and turned the TV off.

"It's not fair. Adam doesn't have to go to bed." Audrey crossed her arms, pouting at me.

"Adam is older than you. It's almost nine-thirty." I responded, quirking my eyebrow up.

"Why can't my bedtime be ten like him?" She asked, standing in front of me. I ran my fingers through her curly brown locks.

"When you turn ten, your bedtime will be ten. Now, bed." I kissed the top of her head, scooting her toward the stairs.

She didn't protest and more after that going upstairs to her bedroom. I picked up the kid's toys and put them into the ottoman, tidying up the living room. I grabbed the laundry basket beside the staircase that Presley had brought down, taking them to the laundry room, sorting through them.

I was halfway finished folding the laundry when Alexandre came home. He leaned up against the doorframe grinning at me. "Sorry, I'm late, babe. I had a telephone conference with the council."

"It's okay; nothing eventful happened other than Presley leaving to go on a date with Persephone." I rolled my eyes, plopping the shirt I folded down on the cabinet.

"Look babe, I don't like them dating just as much as you, but they're both just having a little fun before they turn eighteen." He stood straight, walking behind me. "I don't think they're going to do anything wrong anyways. It's harmless dating." Alexandre explained, pressing his lips to my neck.

"I know, it's just kinda weird; they're practically cousins." I shook my head.

"The goddess has no bounds." He hummed, placing his hands on my hips. "Enough about them; how are you today, little one?" Alexandre's sultry breath tickled my ear.