Chapter 67: August's POV

(End of January- 4 Months)

"Alexandre, I'm fairly sure I can still go on morning patrols with you. You let me before you knew I was pregnant. Why does it have to change now?" I rolled my eyes, tapping my foot in frustration.

"Well, first off, I didn't know. Second off, no, it's dangerous, I'm not chancing it. Third off, you're almost five months pregnant now, so that's a hell no. I let you come with me before now because you were hardly showing. Now it's obvious in both human and wolf form, I'm seriously not chancing it." He furrowed his brows in frustration. "You can do laps around the field, but you're not, I repeat not going near our borders."

I glared at him. "So why was it fine for me to go yesterday and not today?" I growled, scrunching my face up.

"No, that's final, and if I hear you went anywhere near the borderlands, I will assign someone to babysit you." He shot back.

"You're sleeping on the couch tonight and every night until this baby is born." I shot back.

"If it means your safety, I'd gladly do it." He smugly responded. "There are many things I will not hold back from you, but this is dangerous. There are times I encounter rogues or other things that could harm you. As soon as our baby is here, you can start doing patrols with me again." Alexandre's voice was stern as if that were his final word.

"Once I have the baby, I'll have to stay home," I responded.

"We'll figure something out before then, but as of right now, you're not coming with me anymore until the baby is here." He pressed his hand against my now swollen stomach. "You and our baby are my number one priority." Alexandre gazed into my eyes.

He went to kiss me on the lips, but I turned my head, making him kiss my cheek instead. I was still mad at him, I've gone with him almost every day, and we haven't encountered a rogue yet. I think he was paranoid for no good reason.

"Okay, I see how it is." He frowned. "I'll see you when I get home. I love you."

"Uh-huh," I responded, still upset with him.

"Wow, okay, going straight for the heart." He sounded choked up.

I knew that I would eventually get over it, but in my mind, he was taking something that I liked doing away from me. I walked into the kitchen and started pulling out ingredients to make a chocolate cake. Tomorrow was Alexandre's birthday and our first anniversary of being mated. I knew baking would calm me down and my poetic justice of being mad was to make him a german chocolate cake because I knew he hated the coconut icing, whereas I enjoyed anything sweet.

Once the cake was finished, I placed it in a container to keep it fresh and cleaned up the mess in the kitchen. I began to feel hungry and started making myself a mayo and tomato sandwich, one of the delicacies I found to like during this pregnancy. Even though before I was pregnant, I absolutely hated mayo in any form.

"I'm home," Alexandre called from the entryway. I took a bite of my sandwich and didn't reply, still mad at him. "Hey babe," he entered the kitchen, holding a dozen roses, kissing my temple.

"Hello, Alpha," I responded, still being petty, staring straight forward.

"August." He groaned, setting the roses on the countertop. "I'm sorry, but you know I just want you to be safe, baby."

"Mhm," I harshly took another bite of my sandwich.

"Well, I guess you don't want to go with me to pick up Harman and Abram later." He drawled, leaving the kitchen.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"You heard me correctly. I asked them to come over today, so Abram could help me plan the Summit for this year since it'll be held here." Alexandre explained. "But I guess since you're mad and all..."