Chapter 56: August's POV

"I'm pregnant," I squeezed his hand. He remained quiet for a second, I took that as my queue to spew out words. "I threw up while you were at your meeting, and then Brantley brought me up to his and Aasira's room, and he gave me a test I took it an-" Alexandre cut me off by pulling me to him.

"You're pregnant?" He choked out, a broad smile spread across his face. "You have our pup growing inside of you?" He pressed his hand to my flat stomach, I nodded my head, tears began welling up in my eyes. I placed my hand over my mates, where our baby was.

"I actually wanted to get checked out with you here because of what happened yesterday," I explained. "That Alpha crashed into me hard, and my stomach was in a knot the entire day after that. I just wanted to make sure everything was alright." I took a shaky breath. Still afraid something may have happened.

"Let's get a shower first, and we'll go straight there, I'm sure we can get someone to help you." He got to his feet, pulling me into his embrace.

Once we were clean, Alexandre took me to the infirmary. There was Alpha's laying in the beds, most of them injured pretty severely. One that really stuck out to me was Alpha Ethan. He looked like he was thrown in a shredder. Claw marks marred his skin, his mate was holding his hand sobbing for her mate.

She noticed that we had walked into the room, giving me a disgusted look. She pulled the curtain to Ethan's area shut so they could have some privacy.

"Shouldn't have attacked my pregnant mate, let alone said the shit he did about you when he challenged me. He got knocked down to size really quick." Alexandre chuckled, squeezing my hand tightly.

"You did that?" My eyes widened. "He didn't challenge anyone else first?" I looked up at my mate.

"I had a lot of Alpha's challenge me first before even attempting someone closer in rank to them." He rolled his eyes. "Idiots."

"Hello, Alpha Alexandre, is everything alright? Did we miss something?" The submissive asked my mate, tucking her hair behind her ear.

"I'm alright, but we need to have a check-up with my mate, Alpha Ethan rammed into my mate yesterday, and today we discovered my Luna is pregnant. We just want to make sure the pup is alright." Alexandre motioned to me. She glanced down to me, a look of repugnance graced her face for a split second before she slapped a fake smile on her face.

"Unfortunately, we can't help you with that here; we're quite booked today, as you know. There should be open beds in the Omega Residence outback. They have their own infirmary." She pointed in the direction of the house I had initially seen when we had first arrived.

"So if I needed help, you would be able to accommodate me, but my mate-" I cut Alexandre off, I was clearly upset and not wanted in this area of the packhouse. Something I knew would have possibly been a problem actually turned out to be a problem.

"It's fine Xandre, I think I would feel a little more comfortable in the Omega Residence anyhow. They would know a little more than anyone else about what's going on with me." I explained, rubbing my stomach. A scowl covered her face, I returned the look to the woman. I wasn't oblivious to how she was looking at my mate. It was clear she was attracted to him.

"If you say so, love." He wrapped his arm around my shoulder, guiding me out of the packhouse. "I'm sorry that we even have to do this." He hugged me to his side.

"It's okay, I'd rather be in the infirmary in the Omega Residence than stay in an infirmary where several Alpha's that you've fought today are at. I feel like some of the Luna's have it out for me at the moment." I leaned my head against him.