Chapter 49: August's POV

(Picture of Jupiter, again want to say I don't own any of these photo's this is only how I invision their Character.) 

(Warning: Triggering words in this chapter.)

"Goddess, you two were goals," Ella explained, combing through my hair with her fingers, making my hair look less messy. "It was like Alexandre was a monster devouring you."

"I will have to say it was pretty hot. Funny how you were the last of us to get mated but the first to have your ceremony." Raven handed me my attire for the Full Moon Celebration.

Tonight was the night I was presented to the pack as their Luna, although I was already taking on the responsibility behind closed doors. Of course, the Elders were livid to find out that we had completed our mating ceremony without them being there. Alpha Kent and Luna Graciella defended us, saying that they were present for our binding. Therefore, their arguments were null and void.

Alexandre's grandfather was livid that he went through with the ceremony. It made me feel small compared to him, although he was retired, it didn't stray away from the fact that he was an Alpha male, and I, an omega. Alexandre fought tooth and nail with our pack's past leaders, even our current Beta, and Delta joined in. It ended with Alexandre telling the elders that they could very well leave the pack if they had a problem with it. Our former Delta Kashus (Henry's Delta) left the pack that day, and the others ended up submitting, keeping their mouths shut.

The next day ended up being spent in chaos; several packs had dropped the alliance to our pack, the news ended up spreading like wildfire after Kashus departed from the pack. There was also news of several Alpha's heading their way to our pack to challenge Alexandre for the US's top spot.

Alexandre told me not to worry and that everything would be alright. Of course, that was easier said than done. I could feel the other Alpha's entering our territory this evening, wanting to challenge my mate. I was scared out of my mind, I knew others couldn't feel the danger coming into our pack, only Alexandre and I could.

I know Raven and Ella could sense that something was wrong and that they were trying to distract me, to calm my nerves; it was failing tremendously.

"Are you okay?" Ella asked, "You've been awfully quiet."

"I can feel them. There's so many." I looked up to my friends, distress evident in my voice.

"Stop stressing." Raven walked around me, placing his hands on my shoulders, looking me in the mirror. "Alexandre has this. He knew this would happen. I'm sure after a couple of pussy Alpha's try and fight him, and the others will back down, knowing they won't win."

"Raven's right, just take a deep breath and have faith in your mate. Let's focus on some positives. You're being presented as the Luna tonight. You've also been training for anything to be thrown at you, and you're one of the strongest bitches I know." Ella explained, "Now show this pack that you're not to be trifled with."

"You're right," I said, feeling a burst of adrenaline. "I am the Luna of this pack. I need to show them." I stood to my feet. The blood began pumping through my veins. I felt as if I could move a bulldozer at the moment with the adrenaline coursing my veins.

It didn't take long for me to get ready after their little pep talk. I was prepared to see Alexandre again, I hadn't seen him all day due to the ceremony, both of us had things to do to prepare for tonight. Mine was mostly the more straightforward stuff. Alexandre had to get statistics and other items prepared for tonight. He had also made it clear that although other Alpha's were allowed on the territory, other wolves were not, he had purposely upped the patrols of our borders tonight, making sure everything would go without a hitch.