Chapter 13: August's POV

The next day, Ella sat in the center of my bed, her eyes looking dead to the world. All light was gone from them. Her once brilliant red hair looked like straw, as if it had dulled overnight. Currently Raven was trying to get her to respond to him, but all she would do was blink. She barely would breath, but it was as if she had to physically get herself to do so.

"C'mon Ell's at least drink a little bit of water." Raven says holding the bottle of water in front of her. She was a shell of her former self at the moment.

"Do you at least want to talk about it?" I question, climbing over to the front of her sitting on my knees. Her eyes followed my movements, and a lone tear fell out of her eye, her bottom lip wobbled. This was the first time today that she had reacted to something today. She leans forward, and she pulls me into her grasp, wrapping her arms around my neck. She let out a gut wrenching sob. "I know you're hurting love, but the only way to start getting over it is to talk about it." I kiss the top of her head.

"He denied me." Her voice cracks with every word that escapes her mouth.

"Who is he?" Raven climbs behind her hugging her as well.

"Joseph, he's from another pack, he was looking for his mate." She cried out. "Once he found out I was an Omega, he-" She didn't have to finish the sentence.

My parents knew how the rest of the world treated Omega's. They would tell me some packs would lock their Omega's up in a basement on full moons and during their heat. Yes our pack has come a long way, further than others, but we still had limited abilities.

"He doesn't know how much of a great catch you would have been." I said tilting her head up with my index finger. "You're also gorgeous, what an absolute oaf."

"You're kick ass, no one can outsmart your wit." Raven smiled from behind her, he leaned in resting his head on her shoulder.

"How about we get you some water babe?" She nods at my words. Raven's eyes gleamed in hope, handing me the bottle of water. I twist the cap off of the bottle and grab one of her hands. She grips on the plastic container and brings it to her lips, she takes a few sips before handing the bottle back to me. "So you said his name is Joseph, did you find out anything about him other than his name?" I ask.

"Other than he is 20 years old, he was really excited to find his mate finally after 2 years of looking, and that he was from a different pack..." She said, putting her face into my chest once more. "The look of disappointment when I told him I was an Omega..." Her voice cracks, sobs soon follow. "I wish I wasn't born with this curse." Her fingers lace into her hair and she gripped onto the red locks.

"It's not a curse my love." Raven rubbed her shoulders.

"It's a gift from the goddess above, they just don't see the world as we do." I whisper, letting tears escape my eyes for her.

---

I had left Raven with Ella for the afternoon, they were both napping from when I had left them. I was making my way over to Onyx's house. I wanted to see if she could help me get in contact with this Joseph figure. I'm sure Raven would have loved to come with me, but right now she didn't need to be alone.

The aura around me probably was black, the tension I held in my body was unmatched to anything I had ever seen. Someone hurt my family and I wanted them to pay. Vengeance burned within my body. I stomp up the brick stairs of Onyx's family house. I firmly knock on the oak door, tapping my foot on the pavement waiting for someone to answer.

A short blonde, similar to Onyx answers the door, she was chewing bubble gum with her mouth open. "Can I help you?" She asked.

"Is Onyx home?" I frowned.

"Nyx!" The girl leans her head back and shouts into the house. "Who're you?" She smacks her gum between her teeth, the sound irritating me.

"August." I briskly say, not wanting to make small talk with Onyx's little sister. I was just ready to get to the bottom of this Joseph figure and get something to comfort my friend.

"Move out of the way nerd." Onyx shoves her sister out of the way. "Oh August, what's up?" She stepped out of the way opening the door wider for me to come in. "Would you like a cup of Jasmine tea? I just made it."

"No thank you, I need some help finding a person in the pack and I couldn't help but think that you could help me out." I get to the point quickly.

"I mean, usually Alexandre can help with that type of scenario better, but I might be able to help you a little bit if you let me know about the situation." She tells me, motioning me to follow her. She makes her way to her family kitchen. Her house was fairly grand compared to mine. I mean I consider Onyx as a friend but Raven and Ella were like my brother and sister.

She makes her way to the breakfast nook that was near the window, looking into the woods. She had a cup of tea sitting on the table, with a novel sitting open with a book mark between the pages. She motions for me to sit down with her and I do so. I then started to tell her what had happened last night after she had left. Her eyes start filling with tears when I tell her about Ella's mate denying her and that I was just trying to get in contact with this Joseph character.

"What's his age and you mentioned that he was traveling from another pack. That'll make it easier to ask the pack warriors about him entering our territory." She grabs a napkin from the table and presses it under her eyes, preventing her makeup from messing up.

"Ella said that he was 20. Would you be able to help me track him down? I just need to talk to him." I plead with my eyes grabbing Onyx's hand that rested on the table. "Please?"

"After all you've helped me the past few days, your request doesn't even touch base with the amount of help you have done." She states. "I should get the intel you need in about an hour, I do ask you to have someone go with you so you don't get hurt though August." I nod my head knowing who I would ask to come and help me. My goal was to get Ella something with his scent on it to calm her wolf, and to get the reasoning why he denied his mate. Two simple things.

"I'll meet you back here within an hour, thank you so much Onyx." I was so grateful for her.

A/N: Kinda fillery whoops, next one wont be. Will be up on Sunday. 

Also thank you guys so much for the votes and comments! It's really refreshing to be able to interact with my readers. I'm also happy to see my story has reached across seas as well! Thank y'all so much I hope you're enjoying this as much as I do writing this. 

Eventually though I want to let you know posting will get a tad slower after a certain point. I'll always aim to post at least once a week, but I'm shooting for two to three times a week. The only problem I'm having right now is I'm posting faster than I'm writing, I want to have spare chapters just in case I have something go down. Or have a depressive episode, and still have something to give to y'all. Sorry about the small rant there, just wanted to keep y'all informed. 

Currently I'm writing chapter 37, so it wont happen for a while, you'll probably be able to see where I went into a slump as well I feel my writing took a dive as well.