Chapter 28: August's POV

The next morning, I once again felt the connection from the Alpha, he explained to meet him at his house at noon. My heart had been going a hundred miles an hour, up until I made my way up the steps of the Alpha's house. I timidly knocked on the door, hoping that no one would answer the door. Wishful thinking wouldn't get me out of this one obviously. Graciella had answered the door and led me up the grand staircase of the house and directed me toward the Alpha's office. She shut the door behind us and took her place beside the brooding Alpha.

His eyebrows knitted together, jaw ticking at the sight of me. I tucked my head in submission to the dominant wolf. My heart began to race even faster than it had been, my palms were sweating. "Thank you for coming, young omega." His voice came out cold as a winter day. Making me shiver from the power that had been held in his tone.

"Yessir." The words quickly came out of my mouth in response.

"I brought you here today to talk to you about what had happened not once, but twice within a week. I figure you already knew about that." I nodded my head, looking up to meet his gaze. "My son has acted out inappropriately, and I'm sorry about that. I'm going to have to ask you to use a scent blocker, I'm also ordering you to stay away from Alexandre." My wolf whimpered at the Alpha's command. "If you see him, turn the other way. I'm also asking you to stay away from all full moon ceremonies until Alexandre comes of age, this goes into effect as of today." It was as if the Alpha had sucker punched me in my gut. My breath had caught in my throat, the pathway constricted not wanting to let air out.

"Darling, you can't keep him from events such as the full moon ceremony." Graciella put her hand on the Alpha's shoulder and gently squeezed it.

"I can and I will." He snapped out making me flinch. Tears pooled in my eyes, freely falling down my face.

"P-Please," I managed to stutter out.

"It's final, I'll allow you to come to celebrations such as Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years, but that is all I will allow. No ceremonies, no shifting either." It felt as if he had just backhanded me with his words. Restricting me from my freedoms in the pack made it feel as if I were in a pack that had treated their Omega's terribly.

"Love," Graciella started but he shook his head, making her close her lips.

"You are to see Kathy after this, she will prescribe you a scent blocker. If you see Alexandre, turn the other way, my words are final." He growled out.

"You can't do this to him, you're punishing him for something our son did. Not to mention that scent blockers mess with his fertility rates. Why're you doing this?" Graciella pleaded with him.

"I can and I will do this. I cannot have my son fraternizing with other wolves before he's mated, neither of them are eighteen yet. I originally planned on exiling him, this option is kinder." He looked at his wife with a hard gaze, her eyes turned into slits. "You're dismissed August."

I quickly made it out of the room, my breathing was heavy and my chest hurt from the erratic beating of my heart. I could hear Luna Graciella start arguing with her husband before I even made it out of the door. I was too focused on getting myself out of the house. I didn't even get to defend myself, nor did I want to. The Alpha was angry with me, and for something, I had no control over.

He can't do this, that's our mate. Winston whimpered. I sauntered down the hallways of the Alpha's house. My breathing was erratic, I tried catching my breath but I couldn't. My heart hurt, I don't particularly know why but the thought of not being able to see Alexandre jumbled my head up.