Chapter 51: Alexandre's POV

This morning I went to patrol the borders alone. August didn't wake up when I tried to get him up and going. He only whined at me, saying he wanted more sleep. I agreed to let him sleep in this morning, August quickly situated himself in the middle of the bed, hogging it. He was adorable, hugging my pillow tightly to his chest, inhaling my scent.

I trotted my way to the edge of my land, my ears catching on to every sound, twitching at the small rusting sounds. I sat down on the cliff overlooking the human town that was nearby. The calm breeze fluttered through my fur, making me shiver. I heard the snapping of twigs, making me stand on all fours, I glanced around trying to locate the sound or making the sound. Jaxon stepped through the brush, making me relax. His dark brown wolf, much smaller than mine.

No August this morning? He mind linked me.

He was exhausted this morning, I think he just needs to rest, we're going on the trip to Germany tomorrow, he's been helping me out a lot by trying to get ready for our leave for the week. I just let him sleep in, he deserves it. I responded, sitting back down on my hind legs.

I don't even know why he was doing the patrols, no disrespect boss, but he shouldn't have to do them with you, your mother never did. He barked, looking at me.

It's not me that wants him to do it, it's him. I think he's still trying to prove that he's worth being the Luna of the pack for whatever reason. I admire him for wanting to get up and do it with me in the mornings, makes it less dull. I got back to all fours beginning to walk around the borders again, Jaxon following me.

I mean, Onyx doesn't even wake up until half-past seven, just before she has to get ready for school. School almost felt foreign to me; I had graduated early alongside August to focus our time on the pack. It certainly helped out a lot, especially this past month, with me taking over, mating, and other things.

I used to have problems getting August up in the morning, recently he just tends to wake with me so we can get what needs to be done before dawn. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this morning. I couldn't help but inwardly smile, thinking about the small Omega that still lay in our bed cozied up with pillows and blankets, still nude from our activities the previous night. I wanted nothing more than to stay in bed with him this morning, but I still had to tend to my duties as an Alpha.

We trotted beside the field where our warrior recruits were training in their human and wolf forms. Usually, August would be heading to train with my Delta, Marcus, so when I sauntered to him by myself with only my Beta trailing me.

"No August this morning boss?" Marcus questioned his eyebrow quirked. I shifted back into my human form, Marcus grabbed a pair of sweats from the basket, chucking them at me to put on.

"He's sleeping in this morning," I explained, sitting on the bench beside Marcus, Jaxon shifted back into his human form and grabbed some sweats out of the basket. "How's Min doing?" I asked. Min was Marcus's mate, she was a quiet little thing; Min was from a different pack. She was still adjusting to the climate change. They had been together for a year now, Marcus was a year older than Jaxon and I, so he had the summer to go off and find his mate. So when he came back with a short girl with long pin-straight hair, and almond-shaped black orbs. We were happy for him. She was currently nine months pregnant, about to pop any day now.

"Min said her back was hurting a little this morning, after the training session I'll be taking her to Kathy," Marcus responded before instructing the recruits to start their next set.

"Do you have someone to cover you while you welcome your child in the world?"

"Well, I chose Romeo, who keeps whooping all of those wolves ass's over there." Marcus pointed to the silver-haired wolf who had been attacked in a group. One of our tactics to learn just in case we were swarmed. It hadn't happened in a while, we were focused on training our pack for any situation. "He seems to be the only one from the Sunset pack that knows what they're doing, he's also better than those in our pack who have trained their entire time as a warrior. I think he'd be able to whip them into shape while I'm out."